Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Full on at Fish Creek

Morning Pajeroonies.

I got part I uploaded:

Waiting on some footage to progress to part II. less sand, more action......and digging
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • kerway
    • Aug 2010
    • North West Sydney

Nice work. Beautiful beaches. Looking forward to the next episode. Can't believe how flat the ocean was. Thanks
    NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2014
      • Wellington,New Zealand

awesome.I may have bad hearing but i sometimes have trouble with the volume of the speaking
      Some of that sand looked pretty soft.Do you routinely shift into llc or at least turn of asc?.There was one shot that showed the tyres had a pretty good footprint.What is your lowest loaded pressure.
      2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
      BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• NTBenny
        • May 2017
        • Newcastle

Great vid, thanks for sharing.

Benny.
        2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
          awesome.I may have bad hearing but i sometimes have trouble with the volume of the speaking
          Some of that sand looked pretty soft.Do you routinely shift into llc or at least turn of asc?.There was one shot that showed the tyres had a pretty good footprint.What is your lowest loaded pressure.
          Yes, its not your hearing.....sometimes - like when I did the commentary at home and at camp 2, the audio is a little low. I have maxed it out on my video editor. I can strip the audio from the clip, enhance the gain, then re add it (I did just that for the bird chirping on the morning of camp 1), but by the time I had finished the vid, I had lost momentum, so I said bugger it. Sorry about that.

What's my lowest pressure....whatever it takes. I actually popped a bead for the first time ever getting into out last camp. Suffice to say, here is a teaser clip for part II - That was a pucker clacker moment and I eventually dropped to 6PSI for that (max trax were involved too although you don't see that in the clip - well one anyway - I lost one on the first pull, but eventually found it when I was extracted). In sand for me its always 4HLc and when I don't forget, asc off. If that gives me grief, then its time to look at diff locks and 4LLc.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• BorgPS17
            • Mar 2017
            • melbourne

hi there,

how did you get the camera on your side step.?

thanks
            Pajero Sport QE 20016
            Smart Bar
            Boos Bash Plates
            7 inch LED Driving Lights
            Domin8R X 12,000 Winch with Rope

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by BorgPS17 View Post
              hi there,

how did you get the camera on your side step.?

thanks
              I bolted a mount there. Only use it in soft stuff....and coming up...in water too!

My Journeys

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011
                • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                What's my lowest pressure....whatever it takes. I actually popped a bead for the first time ever getting into out last camp. Suffice to say, here is a teaser clip for part II - That was a pucker clacker moment and I eventually dropped to 6PSI for that (max trax were involved too although you don't see that in the clip - well one anyway - I lost one on the first pull, but eventually found it when I was extracted). In sand for me its always 4HLc and when I don't forget, asc off. If that gives me grief, then its time to look at diff locks and 4LLc.

https://youtu.be/iHmswSez9a8
                6psi in new tyres on alloy rims, I am not surprised you popped a bead!
                Dare I ask about your early impressions on your new tyres and size?

I am fairly sure the ASC is automatically selected "OFF" when low range is engaged, there is a one wire mod that can be done on the Challenger that automatically switchs ASC off when the centre diff is locked so it is switched off in both high and low range locked but ASC still operates in 4H which is a great thing. If you are interested I can look at the circuit diagrams I have for the NW which should be the same or very similar to the NX.

OJ.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                  6psi in new tyres on alloy rims, I am not surprised you popped a bead!
                  Dare I ask about your early impressions on your new tyres and size?

I am fairly sure the ASC is automatically selected "OFF" when low range is engaged, there is a one wire mod that can be done on the Challenger that automatically switchs ASC off when the centre diff is locked so it is switched off in both high and low range locked but ASC still operates in 4H which is a great thing. If you are interested I can look at the circuit diagrams I have for the NW which should be the same or very similar to the NX.

OJ.
                  No, I was just down to 6PSI for that straight line recovery. No issues with beads there. It was "scary soft" Coming up in another episode, I was down to 10 getting into our last camp (camp 5). Had a bit of manoeuvring to do in there and in the morning I had one completely flat. Its held pressure ever since. All I can think is that I broke the bead seal......It's a mystery atm.

Yep, ASC comes off with both diff lock and low range activation. But when your in High lock, turn the car off, restart and asc bites you at an inopportune moment, you quickly realise your mistake. Pity I keep forgetting that when restarting the car......

Impressions on the KM51's to date.....They rumble and they look good.

The Paj struggled in the sand where the Dmax didn't. Whether that was due to tyres, weight or other factors is indeterminate. But the Dmax on Toyo's outshone the Paj in the soft stuff. Having a more aggressive tread pattern didn't help the Paj's cause and the 245 width I'm sure had something to do with it too - I couldn't keep it in a straight line.

Anyway, the adventure continues:

Last edited by sharkcaver; 11-12-17, 09:54 AM.

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
                    • Jun 2007
                    • armadale wa

Full on at Fish Creek

Very entertaining, well done. We were down that way in January and it was wet and cold as well, but as we went west to east it all looks so different !
                    Cheers
                    Peter

Comment

• Hatto
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • Mandurah WA

Bravo again Sharkcaver! I enjoyed watching those videos. Especially because there is so many familiar places. I haven't been further east than the Meerup river mouth so it was good to see your footage of down there.
                      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                        Bravo again Sharkcaver! I enjoyed watching those videos. Especially because there is so many familiar places. I haven't been further east than the Meerup river mouth so it was good to see your footage of down there.
                        Cheers!

I had to chop so much footage out to keep it within a reasonable time frame. That said, one beach is much the same as another. There is still more to the East to come in part 3 (final)

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
                          Very entertaining, well done. We were down that way in January and it was wet and cold as well, but as we went west to east it all looks so different !
                          Cheers
                          Peter
                          Thanks mate. Seems like I'm slowly mapping the whole West Coast. I have uncharted gaps on the South Coast from Fish Creek to say Hopetoun, then Israelite Bay to Cocklebiddy (the latter I will probably never do, it's just too nasty on vehicles). But hey, Rome wasn't built in a day and I still need to fulfil a full time job.

I must get around to updating all my track logs into the one map. It should be starting to look impressive.

I'm still learning the tools and tricks to make a vid more interesting. Each one I publish has some improvements (Just noticed some crappy typo's I now need to fix ) These last 2 are far better than my first lot, but there is still lots of room to improve. Thanks for putting up with me learning the trade. I do like my cloud time lapses - sorry if it bores you. I reckon those dark clouds billowing over the Paj in part 2 was pretty speccy???

Just for interest sake, each 15 minute vid must take me 6-8 hours of editing...and that's if it doesn't get screwed up in the process - like part 2. iI screwed up right near the end and I had to start over again .

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Day 5 continues. I was hoping to get this last day on the ground into the one vid, but it was going for too long, so I split it into smaller segments

My Journeys

Comment

• kerway
                              • Aug 2010
                              • North West Sydney

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                              These last 2 are far better than my first lot, but there is still lots of room to improve. Thanks for putting up with me learning the trade. I do like my cloud time lapses - sorry if it bores you. I reckon those dark clouds billowing over the Paj in part 2 was pretty speccy???

Just for interest sake, each 15 minute vid must take me 6-8 hours of editing...and that's if it doesn't get screwed up in the process - like part 2. iI screwed up right near the end and I had to start over again .
                              Thanks for taking the time. Living on the East coast and probably having small chance to get over your side, it's good to be able to check it out. Wife loves the soundtracks and the "Good Morning" at the beginning. I just watched Lancellin Dunes. Dunes are similar to Stockton Beach near Newcastle. I love the commentary from the back seat. Your daughter? When you were discussing cresting dunes and to back off going over the top and not doing it is the reason so many people have crashes, a voice is heard saying "idiots". That was just plain funny. Was the bogged car a Jeep that you rescued after showing off the much better off road capabilities of the Pajero?
                              Where to next?
                              NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X