Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 28-12-16

Default Liqui poly intake decarb

Has anyone used this stuff as nervous to just spray inside as wont it loosen and with the added wetness from the spray do damage or cause more issues ?
Its the Diesel one btw
Old 28-12-16

I did it over the weekend. No issues. Just had the Mrs hold it at 2000rpm while I sprayed the can into the intake (remove hose and spray straight into manifold).

Seemed to do a reasonable job, not perfect. I'm going to get a couple more cans and give it a few more hits over the next couple of weeks.
Old 28-12-16
Valued Member

Noting you have posted in the gen4-1 section I presume you have an NS model.
These tend to buildup carbon in the intake (more than other models) unless you've had the EGR blocked since young, or an oil can installed.

If you suspect your having problems due to buildup, the cans of spray are not up to the job as there's probably a lot of oil/carbon buildup.

I cleaned the intake on my NP last year by removing it first. I can guarantee you a tin or 5 of intake cleaner won't do much when you have 5mm of buildup. However, the liquimoly is by far the best solvent I found to dissolve it. I first manually removed as much as I could, and then finished off with the spray.
I think liquimoly would be best effective as a regular service item.

Hope this helps.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150
Old 28-12-16

Yes my other post issue - im booked in for a full on clean im just thinking a patch up try before the end of jan booking ?
Its thrown up the same egr error within days after reseting and i was just curious to use before my full clean?
Old 28-12-16
Valued Member

If that's the case, you could just remove the EGR and spray it on directly, instead of just 'generally' into the intake manifold. This way, with it off the car, the dissolved gunk wont go through the cylinders. You can target the spray to he affected areas.
At least then the EGR error will be at bay until the full clean is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150
Old 28-12-16

where in adelaide you getting done i had mine done at wright street mechanical top job and nice price 450 hasn't missed a beat since
Old 28-12-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfarquar View Post
where in adelaide you getting done i had mine done at wright street mechanical top job and nice price 450 hasn't missed a beat since
I was just gonna use my local mechanic who works from his home by mclaren vale as quoted me $550
Old 28-12-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
If that's the case, you could just remove the EGR and spray it on directly, instead of just 'generally' into the intake manifold. This way, with it off the car, the dissolved gunk wont go through the cylinders. You can target the spray to he affected areas.
At least then the EGR error will be at bay until the full clean is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Like that 💡 idea will i need a gasket ?
Old 28-12-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
I Like that 💡 idea will i need a gasket ?
No, but if it does get damaged just get it replaced during the full clean.

Old 29-12-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
No, but if it does get damaged just get it replaced during the full clean.
Took apart like you said and yes was very dirty ,come up brilliant with the spray and i cleaned the pipe that goes across the head too attached to it . The inlet/manifold under the egr was coaked too so i just hoovered out a little as that be the main clean i think .

Put together but the light still on any suggestions?