Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 03-12-16

Default SPV Plus Provent catch can

Hi
Just thought I would share an observation with you guys.
I fitted both of the units at the same time and thought that the car ran better straight away, but you always do when you add something.
The car had only done about 30000 when fitted. The car has now done 43000 and I have been keeping a close eye on the provent filter, its been steadily collecting crap so I bought a new one and washed the old one out with petrol. OMG you should have seen the s...t come out.
New one fitted, wow fuel consumption has improved and the car is definitely smoother.
Normally looking at 9-10 around town, now 8-9 (l/100km)
Its not an off road vehicle, tows a caravan, sometimes on gravel mainly on bitumen.
Old 03-12-16
Valued Member

Default SPV Plus Provent catch can

I feel that once you block the egr and have cleaned the inlet manifold and ports your good to go. Oil mist will get burnt. Yes you may get some in the intercooler but I'm not sure if in reality it's a big deal. However If I did have a catch can I wouldn't be taken it out.
Interested in other people's opinions.

Also is that fuel economy in a stock paj. I'm a few litres more than that but have a few accessories that would increase consumption. I did however notice a free blocking the egr a 1.5-2 difference in fuel economy.
Old 03-12-16

Hi
All other additions were before that so wouldn't make a difference. Apart from the steinbaur which did make a big difference, there's an ECB bullbar, airbags and a few wiring mods.
Old 03-12-16
Valued Member

The shit that comes out is only oil. I cleaned mine last week and had about 30ml of dirty oil in the collector hose. Didnt bother washing filter as I have done it before and it only contains oil. Have the egr as well and I think just the egr is all thats needed but the catchcan is just a "nice to have but not necessary"...Cant hurt anyways..

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper