Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 20-07-16

Default Rear door led light strip

Hi all,

I understand this might been covered before but I can't seem to find the thread for it. I am installing LED light strip to the rear door to give more usable light when camping and fishing. I am going to splice into the dome light at the back for the power source.

There are 3 wires connected to the plug of the dome light, which one is the positive and negative cable as I don't have a multimeter to test which is which. Also, would I be able to use the dome light switch to control the LED strip on/off at the same time? Any help or ideas would much be appreciated!

Thanks heaps guys!

07 NS Exceed DiD -
MM Alloy Bar, BigRed 220 LED Spotties, STEDI 42" 240W Lightbar, STEDI 28" 80W Lightbar, STEDI 7" 40W LED Reverse Lightbar, Kings Awning & Rear Drawers, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Lovell Springs 4" Lift & Bilstein Shocks, Maxxis RAZR MT 33s, Bushskinz&Boos Protection Plates, Rhino Cross Bars + Alloy Tray, 30% Black Tinting, 3' 409 Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust,OEM NW VT13 Turbo Upgrade, HPD FMI DFI ECU Tune - 180RWHP, 600nm Torque @22psi
Old 20-07-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAnd4WD View Post
Hi all,

I understand this might been covered before but I can't seem to find the thread for it. I am installing LED light strip to the rear door to give more usable light when camping and fishing. I am going to splice into the dome light at the back for the power source.

There are 3 wires connected to the plug of the dome light, which one is the positive and negative cable as I don't have a multimeter to test which is which. Also, would I be able to use the dome light switch to control the LED strip on/off at the same time? Any help or ideas would much be appreciated!

Thanks heaps guys!
Best to source constant power and have a separate switch. The dome lights, at least on the NX, switch off after 30 minutes, whether left on auto or manual.
Old 20-07-16

Wire something like this into your dome light so it will come on with the dome light, or you can leave it switched off.

Trisome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LED Strip Light.JPG (24.4 KB, 84 views)
Old 20-07-16

I ran separate power to mine from the second battery in the 3rd row seat well, and installed a switch. Like Vlad said, the dome light will eventually turn itself off.
Old 20-07-16
Valued Member

I just wired mine into the dome light and itís been there for about 4 years now without any trouble Ė the LEDís draw very little power so it isnít a problem Ė it just comes on when the dome light is on.

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 20-07-16
Valued Member

Mine is also wired to the dome light. Yes, it switches off after 30 minutes but at least that way I know I can't accidentally leave it on all night.
Old 20-07-16

Thanks for the replies and idea guys, much appreciated. I will figure out what to do once the light strip arrives. At the mean time, do you guys remember which wire are the positive and negative?

Cheers

07 NS Exceed DiD -
MM Alloy Bar, BigRed 220 LED Spotties, STEDI 42" 240W Lightbar, STEDI 28" 80W Lightbar, STEDI 7" 40W LED Reverse Lightbar, Kings Awning & Rear Drawers, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Lovell Springs 4" Lift & Bilstein Shocks, Maxxis RAZR MT 33s, Bushskinz&Boos Protection Plates, Rhino Cross Bars + Alloy Tray, 30% Black Tinting, 3' 409 Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust,OEM NW VT13 Turbo Upgrade, HPD FMI DFI ECU Tune - 180RWHP, 600nm Torque @22psi
Old 20-07-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAnd4WD View Post
Thanks for the replies and idea guys, much appreciated. I will figure out what to do once the light strip arrives. At the mean time, do you guys remember which wire are the positive and negative?

Cheers
Here you go:
http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...E02BC00ENG.pdf
Old 21-07-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post

Thanks mate, I will sus it out this afternoon

07 NS Exceed DiD -
Old 21-07-16

Might be completely irrelevant but when I put a similar light in my Challenger it turned out that it was switched on the negative side. Initially I spliced it into the positive side and put the whole thing back together before I realized that it never went off (I had the boot open to work on it). Might be worth checking?

Cheers

Sam