Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 30-03-09

Default Ex NSW Govt' 05 DiD...Would you buy???

Hi,
Been looking for an 05' DiD Paj for some time now and have come across an ex NSW government GLS with ARB bar and winch, it has 75000kms on the clock and is a manual. They are asking just over $27000.
I have no info yet as to what the vehicle was used for but as it has the bar and winch I thought maybe national parks/wildlife
The strange part is that it is the more up-market GLS model
Anyway, might check it out tomorrow
Thoughts/experiences appreciated
Old 30-03-09
Valued Member

The police had quite a few NP's with bullbars but i imagine they would have been auto's, I think the fire brigade also used NP's
Old 30-03-09

Oh, and it's silver...Most of the ex cops seem to be white
Old 30-03-09

Send a message via Skype™ to whatsupkramer

Well at least the service history should be complete and they are spec'd up somewhat.

I have thought of this a couple of times. Have you had a look at this website? http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/ it has a few for auction. I also know that Newcastle 4wd have a few in their yard (well that was a few weeks ago.

Chris
Old 30-03-09

Was at the boat ramp on the weekend and saw 2 nice government pajeros dunked up to the door sills in salt water getting boats out. Sometimes when they are a company/not your own car they can be treated pretty harshly.
Old 31-03-09
Valued Member

Waterways around here had a silver GLS for towing their tinnie.
Old 31-03-09

Just been to check it out and it's not bad at all...A vew sidestep scrapes and slight crack in rear plastic wheel arch flare. The seller took the winch out for and sold it seperate (apparently it had never been used)
All servicing is up-to-date and has been done at Queanbean Mitsubishi
Anyway the old bloke wouldn't budge much ($500) on price even though it is now winch-less and doesn't come with rear most seat
Really like the vehicle but am unsure on the price Have already offered $25500 but I think he is sticking to his guns so maybe I should stick to mine
Will post a link ASAP
Old 31-03-09

Queanbeyan, Bill Lilley Mitsubishi. I got a quote from that mob a few years ago, charge like a wounded bull...
Old 31-03-09
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Pete & Mon's NS

My dad bought his last car from the SA Government Auctions - VZ Ser II Commodore Acclaim 14 months old, electric everything, tow bar, tinted windows, twin airbags, ABS, etc, with 14,000kms for $10,500. Car was immaculate, and has never given him any grief

There is an NP there at the moment, but it has 101K on it.

You can check previous catalogues to see what they sold for too, so a handy guide....

Peter
Old 31-03-09

Same as any other vehicle do your homework. I have a 2006 NP DiD auto ex NSW Police with 89K on the clock. I had an independant inspector do a check over and some of the things he showed me were eye opening. He had a piece of rust he was carrying around about the size of a 50 cent coin that came out of a 2year old Land Cruiser. It had been owned by the University of Qld. - Dept. of Marine Research. So on the safe side I would stear clear of any water based departments as I suspect they just don't do any hosing down of vehicles.

If the one you're looking at is a police vehicle make sure all of the wiring for radio and lights all work. There has been some issues with mine where they have removed their comms gear (presumably) and weren't too fussy about putting stuff back. And holes drilled in the frame around the rear door for mounting a cage.

You also might find the service books aren't stamped as they could be maintained by a fleet manager. I was able to get the history of mine printed out from the fleet manager. I would certainly be insisting on seeing the history before you went further.

Your price of $25500 is probably on the money. I'd make the firm offer and then walk away and leave him think of it for a week.

Good luck.
Ray