Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 29-10-14
Valued Member

Default Possible to retrofit factory reverse camera mirror

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has any infomation regarding possibly retro fitting the OEM reverse camera mirror, I am hoping they use the same wiring loom as in the GLS MY12 and I could just plug it in.

My Paj being a MY12 GL did not come with one, its about the only thing I miss especially since the lift and bigger tires went on.

I have looked at some aftermarket options, I really like the $495 one listed at the link below (I have a contact there and it would not be that price).

I would rather the OEM one if it is possible as then hopefully It would hook into the steering angle sensor and I would get the guide lines

http://www.strathfieldonline.com.au/...mirror-monitor

Thanks for your help

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:
Old 29-10-14

I have different brand reverse camera mirror fitted.
check following thread
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=30229

but I rather recommend to go with rear camera integrated with console AV unit. which gives larger screen.
NS Pajero Exceed V6, impco LPG, 7" HID, 23" LED Light bar, Uniden UH7760NB, GME AE4081K3, Azentek Smart Mirror GPS, Android 4.2.2 Headset, Extnix DVD Head-rest DVD, Projecta dual battery, V-checker OBD II
Old 29-10-14
Valued Member

Search around on the site for one of the members who wired a factory camera into an aftermarket headunit. He may have posted pictures of some of the loom so you could see if you have it.

From memory in fitting my aftermarket camera in the factory location there were a couple of plugs there but I'd only be guessing they are for the camera.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 29-10-14
Valued Member

I don't have moving guide lines in mine which has the factory camera feed in the mirror
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 29-10-14
Valued Member

I should have mentioned my aftermarket camera has guide lines but they don't bend as you steer (no input to it to do that either). One thing I was weary of was that if I were to fit a camera and use a mirror screen I was going to loose the auto dimming mirror. Not sure if they were fitted to the GL's but it has been a godsend, one of those things you never think about till you have it, can't live without it now.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 29-10-14
Valued Member

The one I am looking at has auto dimming as well.
http://www.strathfieldonline.com.au/...era-sensor-kit

Looking at the $645 one or something like it, no the auto dimming mirrors are not fitted to the GL

Other option I am now considering is a new lcd head unit with the camera and sensor bundle that is shown on that link. I kind of want bluetooth and a better head unit anyway, looking at one of the new ones that can "mirror" an android phone, basically turns the head unit into your phone, meaning I will have google maps and other apps.

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:
Old 29-10-14
Valued Member

Another to consider is the digoptions unit. Few people on here with them. When I'm eventually decide to change mine I'll likely go with that one. Can get a lot of plugins to it as well (tpms, forward camera etc)
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 29-10-14
Valued Member

Digoptions looks really awesome, I especially like their Nav head unit.

http://www.digoptions.com/Mitsubishi...p/avn-pp01.htm

Has anyone used this head unit, specifically is the nav any good and does the nav work with the off road mapping?

Wishlist:
Old 31-10-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Another to consider is the digoptions unit. Few people on here with them. When I'm eventually decide to change mine I'll likely go with that one. Can get a lot of plugins to it as well (tpms, forward camera etc)
Wow, forward or underbody cams would be awesome on the tricky stuff.

I find the OEM screen in my NW tiny compared to the 5" screen in the after market mirror I had in my Challenger, but the guidelines are a great improvement. Regards the auto dim, my after market mirror was black glass rather than silver so at night it was great and during the day a bit too dim. BTW mine was a $99 special from Aldi and it worked perfectly for four years, but suffered from some interference when I upgraded my reversing spot from halogen to LED.
Old 31-10-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
Digoptions looks really awesome, I especially like their Nav head unit.

http://www.digoptions.com/Mitsubishi...p/avn-pp01.htm

Has anyone used this head unit, specifically is the nav any good and does the nav work with the off road mapping?

I'm also market for a head unit, I'm bit lean towards a android base head unit sell by member of this forum.

I think android version has more flexibility and possibility for integration like OBD, TPMS and off-road maps etc.

but still i haven't seen any user reviews on android head unit.
NS Pajero Exceed V6, impco LPG, 7" HID, 23" LED Light bar, Uniden UH7760NB, GME AE4081K3, Azentek Smart Mirror GPS, Android 4.2.2 Headset, Extnix DVD Head-rest DVD, Projecta dual battery, V-checker OBD II