Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Introductions

Introductions Tell us about you and your rig.

Old 17-09-08

Hi everyone

Simon here....

In preparation of me adding to the invasion of Australia by South Africans I thought I'd join this forum and start researching the 4x4 scene down under. I don't know where I will eventually be based but it will most likely be Melbourne or Sydney.

No mention of our crappy sports teams thanks

So, currently I drive a 96 (NK) 3.5V6 which I love to bits, and has taken us through many enjoyable trips across Southern Africa (as did my previous Mitsubishi, an L200 ClubCab 4x4)

I have been looking at the used vehicle market and would probably be looking at a newer NM (my budget would be in the region of $20000-$25000). It will be my wife's daily driver and used for exploring our home-to-be (2-3 week trips are what we try do).

I really would prefer a 3.2 DiD given the economy and towing ability, but I do like my V6. Now it seems that the DiD is unbelievably scarce in my price range, or any price range for that matter. I just do not see many advertised. The alternative from a fuel cost point of view would seem to be a LPG conversion. I understand very little about LPG but what I have managed to glean is that it is considerably cheaper than petrol, although the actual consumption is a quite a bit higher, and because the fuel tanks are fairly small, one's range is limited.

BTW, when I see an Ad stating that it is Duel Fuel, what does that mean? Both LPG and Petrol?

This is my steed in Atlantis Dunes outside Cape Town

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Old 17-09-08

I am sure glad to be the first to say hi from another South African!

Others around are Cats and Pampascat (Mr Loubser from Richards Bay).

Pickle is another familiar name.

Hope you enjoy it here, where we all agree on the brand name!

G.
Old 18-09-08

Duel fuel means just that.. lpg and petrol.. if you happen to think of lpg.. fuel injected gas is the way to go.. not inducted gas.
Myself.. i think it's a good option.. although a few things can be annoying, like range out of a tank of gas.. but with duel fuel.. i've never been left on the side of the road.
Time taken to fill the tank.. about 2 cars can past before you fill your lpg tank... other than that.. i'm happy
Although i would not change over now.. the high cost of fitting gas.. even with the rebates and fuel seems to be stabilised or lower these days

Welcome to aussie land too
Old 19-09-08

Simon

Welcome on this forum and a sad Goodbye in advance from our good old RS of A. Hopefully all your relocation stuff goes well. Be assured that these Pajero fans Down Under are even more fanatical than us lot.

Enjoy

CATs
(Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)
Old 04-12-08

Wink

Nice pic of your steed Simon, I havent seen that pic back home
Old 05-12-08

Yip

It is postcard pretty

CATs
(Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)
Old 17-12-08

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATs 4x4 View Post
Yip

It is postcard pretty

CATs

Amd I like our Forum sticker too

If you CAN'T fix it with a hammer, you've got an ELECTRICAL PROBLEM...........But, you can eliminate an electrical problem with a hammer