Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers

Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers It's all about the great outdoors. What you have and where you stayed.

Old 25-08-13

Default teewah beach/raibow beach

hi just putting this up if anyone is going up the coast or down in qld and wants to camp right on the beach very nice place we just got back from there about a week ago and 2 days turned into 4 u go through tewantin north from noosa

if anyone goes there i hope u enjoy urself permits are requied but well worth it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhsDpfutIGk

http://nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloo...-sandy-map.pdf
Old 25-08-13

Great vid
Old 25-08-13
Valued Member

Enjoyed the video. Haven't been up there in over 30 years. There used to be the wreck of a ship called the "Cherry Venture", or something like that. Probably all rusted away by now.

Cheers

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 25-08-13

it wasnt my video just thought id get one off u-tube to add to the post but will be going back up there in about a month or 2 as the new addition to the family is due in 3 weeks so once i get up there i will be taking photo,s and video of the whole area and will be postin in on here untill then will be twidling my thumbs waiting

i have seen the ship on websites but never really got a chance to drive around but the whole stretch will be exsplored next trip
Old 30-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHendo View Post
Enjoyed the video. Haven't been up there in over 30 years. There used to be the wreck of a ship called the "Cherry Venture", or something like that. Probably all rusted away by now.

Cheers

Geoff
Just a sign marks the spot now-a-days.
They removed the wreck a few years ago.
Old 30-10-13

I was up there a couple of weekends ago and the only downside is that there was a fire ban, so no camp fires on the beach but other than that the beach was nice and easy to drive on with all the rocks near the Teewah end being covered by sand again.

Bye Jeff.
Old 03-11-13

Just got back from camping on Teewah for 4 days. First time driving on the beach and I towed the camper. Very easy drive. Did a trip to Rainbow oneday via Leisha Track.

Cant wait to get back there.

Only downfalls was the amount of dead and nearly dead birds washed up on the beach, and no fires
Old 03-11-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brispaj View Post
Just got back from camping on Teewah for 4 days. First time driving on the beach and I towed the camper. Very easy drive. Did a trip to Rainbow oneday via Leisha Track.

Only downfalls was the amount of dead and nearly dead birds washed up on the beach, and no fires
The dead mutton birds were on Fraser as well. Happens in October when they migrate from Russia apparently. Never seen so many in previous years though.
02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee
Old 27-12-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brispaj View Post

I just did the same last weekend and just can't get all the salt and sand out, washed three times now and sand still pours out and washed the engine bay as well. Went to fit a diff guard today and they can't take the plate out due to rusty mount point. Any ideas on what to d? Have booked at mm dealer for Monday but wondering if I can do some thing without damaging the car...
Old 28-12-13
Valued Member

Cherry venture circa 1974
The hair and the fashion give it all away........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22610030.jpg (204.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 22610029.jpg (172.3 KB, 90 views)