Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 10-10-12

Send a message via Skype™ to roandneil
Default Using a rooftop tent

I have a 2012 Activ Pajero and want to use a rooftop tent. Mitsubishi tell me the roof rails are rated at 100kg and not to exceed it or if i do any damage I run the risk of voiding my warranty. Has anyone used a rooftop tent with a Pajero and if so which bars/roof rack did you use and did you have any problems? I would appreciate any input.
Thanks.
Old 10-10-12
Valued Member

I use a RTT on my NM with no probs, just have light duty pro-rack bars but I have run 3 lengths of 25x25 ally box section front to rear to tie it altogether. The 100kg rating is only for when the vehicle is underway. Most RTT's are only around 50-60kg so you should be fine.

Cheers,
Mike.
02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee
Old 10-10-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmannion View Post
I use a RTT on my NM with no probs, just have light duty pro-rack bars but I have run 3 lengths of 25x25 ally box section front to rear to tie it altogether. The 100kg rating is only for when the vehicle is underway. Most RTT's are only around 50-60kg so you should be fine.

Cheers,
Mike.
Until 2 100kg people climb in and your rack folds........
2017 NX Pajero GLX, Ironman Foam Cell shocks and Springs, PolyAirBags, Yokohama G)15s , LightForce 170's (MM OE), Uniden UHF and HF, MM Roofbars, RhinoRack Cage, Rhino Shovel Mounts and SS Ratchet Ties, MM TowBar,Redarc RH Brake Controller, BushSkinz, Dual Batt-Redarc BCDC1220Ign, Safari Snorkel, Waeco and 2 Custom Power runs to rear, UV Tinting, Internal and Paint protection, MSA Seat Organisers, MM BootLiner, DashMat and Weathershields,MM Neoprene seat covers
Old 11-10-12
Valued Member

They do regularly and guess what? No rack folding, it don't budge.
02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee
Old 11-10-12

There is a difference between static and dynamic weight.

If I remember good: you can lay 100kg on the roof, moving around. This is dynamic weight. You can drive around with it, even off road.

The static weight is the dynamic one x3 ~> 300 kg.

So a tent of approx 85 kg and two adults does not pose any problem. Exept if you are very dynamic ...

I have such a tent a use it regularly. No probs what so ever.
I use the standard mitsu bars.

A.
Old 11-10-12

Default very dynamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by averhamme View Post
Exept if you are very dynamic ...
Adds a whole new meaning to "Love that car!!"