Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 11-04-12
Valued Member

Default NT Build to date

I have not posted a build-up thread on here yet just individual posts but as I really enjoy reading build-up posts and what I gained I thought I should do so too. There is some really excellent threads on here.

The model is 2010 Platinum with factory rear diff lock, purchased new. I optioned front window tint, aftermarket DVD player, cargo net and roof bars. A few dramas on pick up, the Roof DVD player was put way too far forward and the rear soft cargo barrier was a joke as others have found, the roof bars were Rhino when I ordered Thule. After a few hassles I took delivery with the dealer agreeing to make good the DVD in the wrong place, they took back the Rhino bars and cargo net.

Day one

1st mod was the colour coded deluxe bar and IPF lights, I had a lot of trouble with the clear coat on the bar and after “cracking the sh1ts” ARB came good and replaced the bar, the work was performed by Mannell Motors, Jimmy and Giles are great guys.

After that came the Long Range Automotive Auxiliary tank from Dominic at Wetherill Park Autos, great super neat install. 58 litres and one of the best mods ever done. I then installed EFS coils with Bilstein Shocks again with Dominics help; I found the Pajero became reasonably loose quickly on standard suspension. EFS for the Pajero are actually Kings Springs, the rears being there progressive rate spring. Later fitted Polyaires, not a big fan. I have found that I rarely use the airbags when towing.

After not getting the MMA soft cargo barrier I set to and modified the old one from the Kluger. This turned out really well and has been in the car ever since.

I fitted the almost mandatory set of Bushskinz bash plates just in time to give one a big test, that saved my intercooler from terminal damage. Bushskinz plates as we all know are fantastic and I often think the bottom of the Paj resembles an armoured vehicle with the plates extending to the transfer case and then the underside being flat back through to the auxiliary tank after that.

Finally got around to fixing the DVD, the deal I struck was that I would remove the player, cut away the headlining and find the braces and make a suitable brace, they would then replace the headlining and I would reinstall the DVD player, simple…….not. The idiot who had set up the DVD player run wires across the airbags and angled across the roof where they would rattle. I ended up completely rewiring the DVD and making a plywood brace that was glued to the roof and fasted to the cross braces back and front. I would not get a roof mounted DVD player fitted ever again. But this one is very well mounted now ;-)

Original mount.

My modification.

Finished Product

Piranha Diff breathers were fitted, the front is dead easy the rear needs a reducing fitting and you keep the original fitting on the diff. The transmission is just too damn hard to get at; I just hope the huge bash plate under the Tranny is enough to keep the majority of water away from it.

The second best ever mod I did was replacing the HT tyres with BFG AT’s. The ride improved out of sight along with the traction, never again would I take delivery of a fourby with standard tyres.

Recently came the snorkel, Airtec was the only one available for a Pajero for a while and the Safari is still a pretty ordinary fit up if your Pajero includes side lights on the guard.

And the new much discussed 1 litre washer bottle

I wanted to finish everything within a year, well so much for that. But I have a heap of other stuff turning up to try and get it finished soon.

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Last edited by achjimmy; 11-04-12 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-04-12

Great thread Jim.
Thanks for taking the time. Nice work.
Cheers
Andrew
Old 11-04-12
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Bout bloody time Jim

Thanks for posting and make sure you add to it as it grows. I have to admit those arb bars are the ducks guts in regards to both looks and functionality.

Cheers,

Shane.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 11-04-12

Lookin' good mate!

Pardon my ignorance, but what's with the 1L washer bottle? Is the standard one even smaller? I've got a bit of OCD when it comes to windscreen cleanliness... If it's tiny, I'll be spewing having to fill it up too often!
Old 11-04-12
Valued Member

Hi Jim,
Great post....wow, looks amazing! I like the silver!!
Nice how you've explained each picture underneath - well done. Makes it easy to follow and most interesting.

Congrats on the mods, one mean Paj you've got there!

We're getting the Black Widow drawers and the water tank (3rd row seats removed) next Wed. Combined with the Ironman awning, I've got to do some pics and a thread like this very soon!

Take care,
Sally

PS Like the boat too!

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 11-04-12
Valued Member

PS...I haven't got one, but why was the MM cargo net a joke? In the words of Pauline....Please Explain!

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 11-04-12
Valued Member

Thanks all, I have just been downstairs successfully getting two runs of 6B&S down the inside to the rear. I thought of you Shane as I fed it out through the grommet in the rear seat well, thinking is the high one Sharkcaver suggests! It’s been everybody’s great posts that have helped get a lot of this done. I will post some pics later as the iphone battery died.

1WD the one litre bottle is what you get with a snorkel, losing the 5 litre OEM one. Personally it works for me, I found the water used to go off in the 5 litre and stink when used.

Sally the MM rear cargo nets just spring clips into those “universal “ mounts mits use for the cargo blind. It barely holds itself up and wouldn’t stop a feather. The soft one is good for about 40 kgs I think. I find it handy to use every day as I can easily remove and roll it up if I need the space while out and about.

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Last edited by achjimmy; 11-04-12 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-04-12
Valued Member

Thanks for the writeup, nice work
2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
Old 12-04-12
Valued Member

Great seeing the Paj coming along Jim, photos don't do it justice though! Have you got around to putting in the Lovells springs?

And completely agree with the Bushskinz, I put mine on just before the Central Coast meet and thank god I did! Side steps are next
2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust
Old 12-04-12
Valued Member

Job well done.

Looks great Jim.
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.