Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 28-12-11

Default Rooftop tent

Hi guys, im going to get a roof top tent, i just wont to know how you have instralled it onto you Pajero.
Ive got a Np with the factory rails, do i just buy some crossbars and fit the tent to them? if so do i get 2 0r 3 ? any particular sort?

Or should i be looking at a totally differnt way of doing it?

Any pictures of what you have done would be great.

Thanks
Old 29-12-11

we have the rhino sportz rack, just 2 of them and they do well. Opposite Lock retail a quick locking system.

Also just be aware of the weight, ours weighs approximately 80kg's which doesnt allow for much more on the roof as the roof rails allow for 100 kgs.
2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor
Old 30-12-11

Just put it on, I should say.

The 100 kg mentioned are dynamic ones: whilst driving.
I do not kwow what you're doeing at night, but I was in the roof tent with three (very bad weather). Nothing happened.

Good luck. It's very nice to sleep on your car !

A.
Old 30-12-11

We love our roof top tent, it is so good.
Yes you are right about the weight being dhynamic whilst driving, just have to be aware og ther goods you have on the roof in addition to the tent whilst driving to not exceed 100kg's
2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor
Old 30-12-11

So what roof racks should i be looking at to place on the factory rails?