Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Central Coast, NSW - New to Pajero - New to 4wd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shane84
    • Dec 2011
    • Central Coast, NSW

Central Coast, NSW - New to Pajero - New to 4wd.

Hi all,
    I had an 05 xr6 but got sick of scraping bumpers on speed humps and driveways, and was keen to get out into the world and explore/ have fun. So for the past few weeks i have been reading a little bit on the forums here and today i took delivery of an 05 NP platinum (its been in my driveway for 4hrs at the time of posting this). As far as i know, my Pajero is as stock as they come.
    I know nothing about 4wd or offroad or the sort but keen and willing to learn.
    I currently work as a Monitoring Room operator for a local security firm.
    I am from the central coast in NSW (1hr north of Sydney) was wondering if there are any/many members of this forum from around my area.
    I am completely new to the world off 4wd/offroad, keen to get out there and learn how it is done, watch some others do it etc.
    I am extremely keen to meet up with some like minded people, im not looking for extreme 4wd, more of a family fun sort of thing with some of the harder stuff to try on the way with people that know what they are doing, but most of all, i want to have fun with my family including the newest member (the pajero)
    Looking forward to meeting you all and learning a great deal of invaluable information.

Kind Regards,

Shane
    2005 NP Platinum Pajero, 3.8L petrol, 5sp auto - Electronic Rust Protection
  • DPP
    • Jan 2010
    • Newcastle NSW

Welcome aboard Shane.

Good to see another local on board.

I'm in Newcastle but work in Erina.

Heres a link to my truck. You may have seen it running up and down from Newcastle.

Pretty most all of the guys on here started with stock trucks, but have built them up with time. Ask plenty of questions as there is a ton of experience here.

Cheers
    Mark
    My Photography website

www.tigheshillphotography.com

http://www.flickr.com/wollongongVerada

1994 Red NJ LWB Pajero. 2" Suspension lift, 2" Body lift, 33" Maxxis Bighorn's on 15x8 rims, Roo Lites 220 Spotlights, Steel Roof cage, LED Lightbar, ARB Bullbar, Airtec Snorkel, Front Lokka, freewheeling hubs and various odds and ends!!

Comment

• shane84
      • Dec 2011
      • Central Coast, NSW

thought id put up a pic, stock as they come, but here is my rig

Comment

• Rendrag
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Central Coast, NSW

Originally posted by shane84 View Post
        I am extremely keen to meet up with some like minded people, im not looking for extreme 4wd, more of a family fun sort of thing with some of the harder stuff to try on the way with people that know what they are doing, but most of all, i want to have fun with my family including the newest member (the pajero)
        Hey mate, I'm with you on that one! Back when I had my old hilux, I used to have some major fun around Canberra.. Since I got my Pajero, I haven't done much at all - don't really know what it can do compared to the luxie, and with kids around now, I can't go 'oh, I broke it, no probs, I'll just ride the bike for a week or two!' The few mates I have up here on the coast are into spending a weekend pulling themselves out of mud bogs, or winching themselves up hills, which just isn't my thing! I'd rather some low/mid level bush bashing, throw lunch on the barby, then bush bash home again (though having got stuck in the hilux a few times, I made sure to fit a winch to the pajero - would be nice to actually use it for more than hauling the trailer out of the back yard :-p)

If you have a look at this thread: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=20583 We're heading out for a fairly easy-ish (well, assuming it hasn't been raining too much - I'm hoping not!) drive the weekend after new years, you should come along! (Will be my first time meeting folks from the forum!)
        VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
        Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
        '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
        '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• gjh1967
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2007
          • Lake Macquarie

Welcome Shane

Im located at Morisset. On the doorstep to the Wattagan Mountains, where there are a mixture of lame to tough tracks to choose from.

Cheers Glenn
          2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• shane84
            • Dec 2011
            • Central Coast, NSW

cheers for the comments guys.

DPP - nice truck, hopefully i can work mine upto the same sort of upgrades over time. depending on what the minister of war and finances has to say about it...

Originally posted by DPP View Post
            Pretty most all of the guys on here started with stock trucks, but have built them up with time. Ask plenty of questions as there is a ton of experience here.
            awesome will have to spend endless hours on here looking at all different kinds of information/tricks etc

Rendrag -
            Originally posted by Rendrag View Post
            with kids around now, I can't go 'oh, I broke it, no probs, I'll just ride the bike for a week or two!'

I'd rather some low/mid level bush bashing, throw lunch on the barby, then bush bash home again
            this is me down to a T, the Pajero is the family vehicle as cant fit all in a family sedan :s but still keen to get out and see new things, and escape suburbia.
            Originally posted by Rendrag View Post
            If you have a look at this thread: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=20583 We're heading out for a fairly easy-ish (well, assuming it hasn't been raining too much - I'm hoping not!) drive the weekend after new years, you should come along! (Will be my first time meeting folks from the forum!)

im definately keen if i got that weekend off. but see how we go.

GJH1967 - im definately keen to check out the wattagans, also the old asylum (went out there once or twice in a mates 4wd goin back maybe 8yrs) was a good day out.

Comment

• Heiny
              • Dec 2011
              • Barossa Valley

Hi Shane and welcome, very nice looking Paj mate

bubba
              NM Pajero GLS, 3.2 DiD, 5 sp manual, MM alloy bullbar, BushSkinz underbody protection, Airtec snorkel, Blanked EGR, Lovells 2" lift springs, Lovells shocks, Polyair airbags, Maxxis AT-700, Lightforce HID 170 Striker, 20" LED Light Bar, Optima yellow top battery, Tigerz11 side awning. Future mods - Provent catch can, EGT/Boost Gauges, Autron pillar pod, Cross Country TMIC, & Diff/Trans Breathers.

Comment

• Boofhead
                • Feb 2014
                • Gorokan

Hi Mate

I'm new to 4wd'in also and certainly not gung-ho but like having a go if that makes sense hahaha I have an older NL 2.8L TD Pajero and live at gorokan. If u wanna do some tracks let me know. I've booked a camping holiday to Fraser Island for this year and also booked in to visit Bylong Creek 4x4 park at Easter. Lots of pajero action for me this year
                1997 White NL 2.8 Turbo Diesel, 2" Tough Dog Lift Kit, Tigerz11 Grande MK II 12000lb winch Dyneema Rope, Snorkel, 31 x 10.5 x 15 Kenda Klever MT, 7" HID bull bar mounted spot lights, 4" HID roof mounted flood lights, 3m roof mounted awning, high lift jack and shovel roof mounted, maxtrax, 1.2m grunter hunter 6db UHF bull bar mounted antenna, ArkPak AP620 with 100ah dual battery system and custom built rear sliding drawers.

Comment

• Tanglez
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Lake Macquarie NSW

Hi shane, another from morisset here.

Looking like a local meetup/bbq day couod be in order

Comment

• rinsclassic
                    • Feb 2014
                    • sa

Lucky bugger the coast is 4×4 heaven. I lived in Chittaway when I was a teenager and used to dirt bike ride everywhere I went back over there for a holiday and done some 4×4ing with a mate in the wattagans.
                    Now I live in sa and we don't have hills.

Comment

• Glenno-72
                      • Jul 2020
                      • Newcastle

Gday All

Gday All,

Looks like a great Club you have got here.
                      I've recently bought a 2010 3.8L RX LWB.
                      Got it for a great price with low km,s.
                      It came with a Longranger 60L aux tank.
                      It will come in handy when the borders open.
                      Cant wait to start decking it out. First up a dual battery set up and compressor in rear tub then going to make a rear draw system over the top.
                      When I get around to it I will do some drawings up and post incase anyone wants to do the same.
                      Cheers
                      Glenno

Comment

• bennyb29
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2015
                        • Brisbane

Welcome to the forum, Glenno.
                        Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• Glenno-72
                          • Jul 2020
                          • Newcastle

Thanks Benny. Sorry for the extremely late reply. I could not figure out how to get back into this forum, so I give it a miss. I thought I was locked out for some reason. Ive had to email the dude in charge of the forum to get back in.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X