Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 01-01-11
Valued Member

Question Which thread for tank fitting

I have just unpacked the new 81 litre aux diesel tank for the NP. I thought I would put up some posts as I fit it, if anyone is interested. Maybe a few photos if I can work out how to do that.
But which thread to use, general info, mechanical or diy. or any suggestions.
Old 01-01-11
Valued Member

Question That's a very good question.

I can see why your wondering where best to post. There's a few places that see to fit.

'Bolted on bits & pieces and aftermarket' would be my best guess. I reckon there would be a few of us here interested in seeing the stages & the end result.

I'm assuming the extra tank is for touring reasons. So I'd be keen to look & learn with a view to a another tank down the track, as it were, to give me more range when touring.

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
* ARB air lockers
* Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
* nudge bar
Old 01-01-11
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Hi Brian.
Have a look at my how to guide before you start. Whilst its a different tank, the principles are the same and it may just help you from making the same mistakes I made.

BTW this was posted in "bolted on bits"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ighlight=guide

Regards,

Shane.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 01-01-11
Valued Member

Question That's a very good question.

I can see why your wondering where best to post. There's a few places that seem to fit.

'Bolted on bits & pieces and aftermarket' would be my best guess. I reckon there would be more than a few of us here interested in seeing the stages & the end result.

I'm assuming the extra tank is for touring reasons. So I'd be keen to look & learn with a view to adding an extra tank down the track, as it were, to give me more range when touring.

Cheers - Wayne

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
* ARB air lockers
* Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
* nudge bar
Old 01-01-11
Valued Member

Gday, Bill and Shane, thanks for your replies. It looks like bolted on bits wins. That was a great post, Shane. I would not have bothered if I had seen that first.
My tank is bit different, bigger and different supplier, so it might still have some interest.
Bill. My reason for fitting it is, I tow a caravan and that can drop your range from 800ks to 500 ks, if you hit a strong head wind even lower. I have got to some small towns, intending to fill up. Only to find they are out of diesel, or shut, or no power.
Last year I filled up in Mt Isa and drove to Julia Creek. Left the next morning with just under half a tank to drive to Richmond 149k.
But overnight a strong headwind had come up. Boy that needle dropped fast, got to Richmond with the red light on and about 10 litres left.
There will be a delay before I start, severed the tenden in my right thumb just before xmas, get the plaster off on Jan 11, then its all go, I am retired so it can be a full time project.