Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 09-08-10

Default BFG All-Terrain T/A and Spare Tyre Lifter

A question for those that have a Spare Tyre Lifter fitted and are running on the BFG T/As (or equivalent). Did you have to modify the standard cover to fit the higher profile tyres?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-08-10
Valued Member

You need to be a bit more specific here. The BFG is available in the standard size of 265/65/17 and it fits fine. If you go up a size to a 70 series it won't fit inside the cover. But a little bit of plastic trimming and you can get them to fit.
Old 09-08-10
Valued Member

275/65/17s fit OK.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water
Old 11-08-10

Thanks.

I am still tossing up whether to go with the 65 or 70 series. I mainly use the car for towing a 16ft Jayco Expander with the occasional 4WD trip thrown in when the option arises.

I have no problems with doing a ?little plastic trimming? to make the 70s fit but would prefer to base my selection on the best tyre for the job.

Cheers
Old 11-08-10
Valued Member

If you tow regularly then don't get the 70 series tyres it will increase your gearing which you don't want. Only reason to go 70 series is to get a bit more ground clearence.