Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Blocked photos my good man.

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/
Old 4 Weeks Ago
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn06 View Post
Blocked photos my good man.
They shouldn't be. Anyone else??

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Photo's

Not all showing.

Where has the thump been prior to the photo being taken at the Karara Rangeland waterhole.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza5 View Post
Not all showing.

Where has the thump been prior to the photo being taken at the Karara Rangeland waterhole.
sorry, I dont understand the question??

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thump looks like it may have used for an internal inspection, zoom in on it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Thumb. Waterhole photo.

Great pics (other than the disturbing content pointed out by wazza )

The night shots are bloody brilliant
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:

Ohhh, you mean thumb. Now I know what you mean. Burnt sticks will do that, likely also internal inspections....I'll take your word on that...haha.

NX build

My Journeys
Old 4 Weeks Ago

We were a little lucky so late into the season to still see wildflowers in bloom.

One mate left us at Melangata. He was starting to suffer with swollen joints, which subsequently turned out to be RRV upon diagnosis in Perth. Picked up the week before our trip, we were clear of this insidious virus.

A big day of dirt in front of us, we headed cross country for the old Murchison Offroad Adventure site "Coolcalalaya"

After examining the remains of the old site, we made our way down to the banks of the Murchison for the night. Here the wind started and never seem to leave me the rest of the trip. It was just painful.

NX build

My Journeys
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Another big transport day had us into Carnarvon to visit a retired work mate. On arrival, we were invited out to dinner with him and his new boss, who allowed us to camp under the dish for the night in the howling wind:

A late start the following morning, and we again pushed inland. This time for the West Kennedy's. Getting some distance up, we settled into camp on a warm day at Chaffcutter's Spring. I got to catch up on some reading

Chaffcutter's and the West Kennedy's:

In the morning we continued North beside the range before the climb to the top. It was rough, slow going with numerous sharp and washed out dry water crossings to traverse:

Once at the top, you are blown away with the scenery. The last thing you would expect on top of a high rocky range is a desert landscape, with spinifex and 20m high sandhills. Simply stunning:

And by the time you reach the eastern side of the range, the views just kept getting better:

NX build

My Journeys
Old 4 Weeks Ago

As my mate went to bed quite early, I just stayed up to stupid hours playing with the camera:

We settled in along the banks of the Lyon's river for the night:

The following day, another big day of travel. With no direct route to the highway, we meandered along numerous dirt roads to make Bilyuin Pool. 2000Km's after leaving home, with my own extractor tool, I found my first cache for the trip:

Bilyuin Pool would allow my mate to head back to Perth in the morning, and for me to continue on north, solo for part II - The Pilbara. With the moon now becoming troublesome, I replaced the astro with petroglyphs.

To be continued.

NX build

My Journeys