Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 25-08-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Yes I will be trying to guide him into a sensible decision, looks like the fun starts on Thursday to start kicking tyres.
I had him looking at Carsales and he kept saying the 2wd Toyota Hilux low rider would be ok. They were cheap petrol versions Low to the ground, small wheels, but no dpf , egr , or injector issues,
Might be all he needs?

Large golf buggy, easy to get into for him & can do 80 on the roads?
Old 25-08-20

Yes all he needs at the moment, but if it ever rains again then the 4wd will be needed.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 200k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 355k.
Old 27-08-20

Went tyre kicking yesterday, not a lot out there.

The budget has now changed so 2wd seems to be the only option unless I can find a 4wd for a steel.

With the effects of COVID on the supply chain, and the $10000 super payments we only saw too possible options.

Both Mazda BT50’s 2wd. 2.2 litre diesel, auto’s, hi-riders. One 2013 145000kms $17000, the other 2015 110000kms $19000. Both from the same owner.
One had been detailed and other as it was traded. Dirty one look good would just need detailing.
Trays have been changed as the owner put their old bodies on the new utes. The trays are just 2nd hand alloy trays.
Look to have been tradies utes, no towbars, no bull bars, no driving lights, all stock, look clean mechanically, documented service history’s.

Is there anything in particular that I need to look at or be worried about with the BT50’s?

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 200k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 355k.
Old 27-08-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Yes all he needs at the moment, but if it ever rains again then the 4wd will be needed.

The rains will arrive

Although Spring not summer so won't be anywhere near the same, La Nina & the Enso look a bit like when Grantham, Ipswich & Brissi flooded for next few months.

So hopefully there is a drop in the clouds that will come!

Although it's a dry time of year so doubt we would see floods, maybe the odd 4" drop?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

depending on what he uses the Prado for?