Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Hot Spots > Hot Spots: SA

Old 11-10-17
Valued Member

Default Beltana, Sliding Rock Copper Mine.

I just saw a small segment on The Great Outdoors, about Beltana and Sliding Rock in the Flinders Rangers SA

It was a Mountain Bike Tour and did not feature 4WDs at all, but it sure brought some wonderful memories to the surface very quickly.

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 11-10-17
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Love the history attached to Beltana. Thomas Elder and all those early day explorers that got his camels and started exploring the inland continent from there.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 12-10-17
Valued Member

I was fortunate enough to be invited up there with a group of guys from this forum last June long weekend. My Pajero is stock and my experience level is limited but the boys helped me through. It was the most technical 4WDing I have done and I there was only one spot that I had to go one side of a Gum tree while everybody else went the other. I simply didnt have the required clearance.

Some of the tracks I had to drive on the centre and one shoulder to gain a bit of extra clearance as well, but the scenery was well worth the visit.

While I am inexperienced, the experience I have has been gained with these blokes. I feel I could not have had better teachers in the art of 4WDing than this group.

We actually camped at Sliding Rock and the pictures are thanks to a very good mate of mine who came with me on this trip. I realise the correct thing to do would be to shut up about that and take full credit for the photography myself, but my conscience would only get the better of me and as I said, he is a good mate.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PD1_1237_resized.jpg (192.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg PD1_1262_resized.jpg (188.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg PD1_1375_resized.jpg (162.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg PD1_1380_resized.jpg (157.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg PD1_1462_resized.jpg (69.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg PD2_1177_resized.jpg (50.5 KB, 62 views)
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 12-10-17
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky View Post
I realise the correct thing to do would be to shut up about that and take full credit for the photography myself, but my conscience would only get the better of me and as I said, he is a good mate.

Steve
And we can see you in some of the photos.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 12-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
And we can see you in some of the photos.
Yeah, that too.

Old 14-10-17
Valued Member

Beltana is an awesome spot. Stayed out there last September for a few days and did a coupe of their 4wd tracks. Loved the one out to Lake Torens. The tracks were meant to have dried out a bit, but is was fun and muddy.
Beltana is now on the market.
Cheers,
Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.