• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mromilio
    • Mar 2017
    • Brisbane QLD

Filter Service Kits? Fuel, Air & Oil Filter

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a 08 Pajero VRX Manual with 206,XXX kms yesterday and want to get it up to date with servicing for peace of min.

Just after the groups idea on service kits such as the this:
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for MITSUBISHI PAJERO NS NT 3.2l 4m41 Turbo Diesel Air Oil Fuel Filter Service Kit at the best online prices at eBay!

Please let me know what brand of filters you run and what you would recommend.

Looking forward to your responses
    Cheers
    2015 NX PAJERO
    COA Bashplates
    Nautia Engineering TPMS and pocket
    Hike IT S9
    RFI 3dbi aerial with Uniden UHF
    Rola flat rack 1800x1200 with low mounts
    Provent Catch
    Secondary fuel filter
    Night eye LED low beam lights
    LED Interior lights

Future plans:
    2" lift
    Falken WIldpeak AT3R 275/65/R18
    Water tank
    Wired in air compressor

*Previous NS VRX Pajero*
  • Sam Pato
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

Funny this would come up just as I'm sitting here feeling quite pleased with myself after buying a Ryco RSK08 filter kit off eBay for $101 (ordered in the morning delivered next day!) this week. I'm only doing air and oil but the price for these two alone in S'cheap was pver $110-

After scouring the forum for more hours than is probably healthy I am led to believe that the best available fuel filter is the Ryco one (look in the fuel section for posts by filter guru Hilll) and the rest of their products are pretty good too. If you're after some advice on best available I'd say that the fuel filter is key and an extra $35- is worth spending.

Notwithstanding my easily influenced opinions - lots of people like the Donaldson filters.

If you're buying on line - get a pollen filter - chances are its stuffed and the difference it makes is astonishing.

Cheers

Sam
    Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

Comment

• Peterng
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Northern Rivers NSW

Filter Service Kits? Fuel, Air & Oil Filter

Welcome to the forum.
      Ok, filters..there will be heaps of info in the forums.
      Me, well, I used 2 mobs..Sydney filters and Brett's both for air, fuel and oil filters..
      I can't comprise, it's just not worth it up here, the dust, water, humidity, heat up here in East Arnhem..
      They costs a few bucks more..they do the job I want..worth it in the end..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Josht
        • Nov 2014
        • Streaky bay

I always get rsk8 off ebay i just watch them and when they cheap i buy one sometimes for around $80 to $90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ticky
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Mromilio View Post
          Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a 08 Pajero VRX Manual with 206,XXX kms yesterday and want to get it up to date with servicing for peace of min.

Just after the groups idea on service kits such as the this:
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for MITSUBISHI PAJERO NS NT 3.2l 4m41 Turbo Diesel Air Oil Fuel Filter Service Kit at the best online prices at eBay!

Please let me know what brand of filters you run and what you would recommend.

Looking forward to your responses
          Cheers
          Ryco are very good, I have used them most of my life.

These days, I use Donaldson. About $88 for the set, not including pollan filter. Donaldson have a very good name in Industrial applications, trucks, earthmoving etc.

If you give Donaldson a ring, they can tell you who your local supplier is. In Adelaide, it is Hitachi Earthmoving equipment - Spare Parts Counter. X902854 is the part number.

Donaldson is also the popular choice for a Second Fuel Filter Kit. The Kit is P903316, and the replacement filter is P551615.

The additional Fuel Filter kit is about $90 and comes with mounting bracket, filter and a spare filter as well.

Steve
          2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Axis
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2011
            • Highett Vic

I've been using Sydney filters kits for a few years now and very happy. Great service and delivery. Get a cabin filter as well every 2nd order. Kit is air, oil and fuel filters. Do them every 10k kms.
            07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Sam Pato
              • Jan 2011
              • Brisbane

Just wondering what others are doing for a filter wrench. I was looking at the cup type on eBay but the size was/is a bit of a punt. Any advice?

Cheers

Sam
              Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

Comment

• Axis
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2011
                • Highett Vic

Hey Sam,

I have a cup type from supercheap form my oil filter (large size?) and a strap type for my fuel filter - also from super cheap.

Cheers,
                James
                Last edited by Axis; 28-03-17, 11:25 PM. Reason: Fixed filter type
                07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Mromilio
                  • Mar 2017
                  • Brisbane QLD

Thanks Guys,

After your responses and other results found on the Forums I will be purchasing the Donaldson Air, Oil and Fuel Filter package

Thank you for your support
                  Last edited by Mromilio; 29-03-17, 09:45 AM.
                  2015 NX PAJERO
                  COA Bashplates
                  Nautia Engineering TPMS and pocket
                  Hike IT S9
                  RFI 3dbi aerial with Uniden UHF
                  Rola flat rack 1800x1200 with low mounts
                  Provent Catch
                  Secondary fuel filter
                  Night eye LED low beam lights
                  LED Interior lights

Future plans:
                  2" lift
                  Falken WIldpeak AT3R 275/65/R18
                  Water tank
                  Wired in air compressor

*Previous NS VRX Pajero*

Comment

• P4J3R0
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Brisbane

I use Donaldson filters when I can, Hastings Deering here in Brisbane is a supplier although they can be a pain to deal with, or Baldwin filters from torquepower- archerfield (0732778277).

Normally just do oil and filer every 10k, air and fuel every 20k( sometimes every 10k depending on driving), cabin filter every year.

Diff and trans oil every 50k depending on driving.
                    NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Nab
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Perth

I use these guys: http://www.filterdiscounters.com.au/

They don't do kits but Fleetguard oil filters were $15.40, fuel filter less than $20 from memory. Air filter from Repco/similar on special $30-40.
                      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• hooliganatv
                        • Oct 2015
                        • uk

Just a comment on a filter tool. I change all my filters every 5-7k miles here in the UK, that's air, oil and fuel. All are done up hand tight and all removed everything by hand i personally feel if you doing them up with a tool your doing them too tight. But as this is the first time your doing it they may be bedded in.

As a tip not sure if it's available over there but i always fill the fuel filter up with redex diesel engine cleaner or DPF cleaner depending on what time of year ( one spring one autum) sure you can get a similar product over there.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Goodsy
                        How can you own a car of any kind and not modify it.

2007 SWB 3.2 DiD | 16" module steels with 265/75R16 STT |

Comment

• Sam Pato
                          • Jan 2011
                          • Brisbane

On all my non-4wd cars I'm happy with hand tight, but when I'm on corrugations I feel like they could undo anything and hence I like to 'nip it up'.

To date I've been borrowing a mates three pronged filter tool but I thought it was probably time I got my own. I had a look on the supercheap website and they've got about 3 very large size ones - might have to go to the shop and see what they say. I was hoping for an eBay cheapy but may have to open my wallet a bit wider at the shops.....

Cheers

Sam

Comment

• GrumpySmurf
                            • Apr 2013
                            • Perth

Has anyone found a good source (good quality at good price) for Filter kits for V6 Petrol 3.8l 6G75?? All the ones I've seen are only for DiD?!
                            Pajero NS Exceed
                            Done: HID & LED Driving Lights, Nudge Bar, Bushskinz Bash plates, Roof Rack, UHF, Awning, Bilstein & Lovells 50mm lift, 285/60/18 A/T Tyres, 160W Solar, 120Ah ARK Battery, Waeco CF-50

Comment

• pajaj70
                              • Apr 2016
                              • Melbourne

With my 30 k service approaching iv'e done some pricing on genuine filters and they come to around $260 for oil, air and fuel filters. Ryco Rsk8 kit is around $120 from supercheap or other online stores. Iv'e also recently installed a flashlube 30 micron pre fuel filter to help with the fuel cleaning side of things. Should i save some coin and go ryco or use genuine for peace of mind? Servicing is done at a local 4x4 mechanic and oil changes done at 10k intervals.
                              NX 2016 GLX , Boos bash plates, catch can and flashlube primary filter.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X