• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PradoEater
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Oatley

Originally posted by Dirttracker View Post
    This is interesting. I have a very cluttered engine bay now - dual batteries, DC-DC charger, Chipit...
    Has anyone mounted their filter in places apart from next the original? Mine won't fit and it is above the start battery.
    Martin

well same issue here so I decided I'd change the filter every 7.5k and every now and then drain same diesel from it, hope that will minimize risk a little..
    NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
    Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• shawty950
      • Jun 2011
      • Brisbane

options

There is another option of mounting the filter on the right side engine bay here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...00&postcount=3
      You can see in the bottom shot where the pre-filter is located.

Shawty
      SOLD at 150k's - 2011 NT Platinum Diesel auto. Wheels and tyres, cav filter, caddy storage/ausguard barrier and icom IC-440N. NoLimit Tuning Chip. T13 Bullbar. Other stuff when money allows.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork, MCA Gold shocks and Parabolic rear leafs, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing

Comment

• Humbug
        • Dec 2008
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Dirttracker View Post
        This is interesting. I have a very cluttered engine bay now - dual batteries, DC-DC charger, Chipit...
        Has anyone mounted their filter in places apart from next the original? Mine won't fit and it is above the start battery.
        Martin

I spent alot of time contemplating the second filter. I knew i needed one, as I am going outback next month for 4 weeks, and know several people who have picked up dirty fuel and cost them a bomb to fix the engine. After running through various options and talking to many people, I finally decided to install it on the opposite side of the engine bay. To try and control the heat, I fabricated a small heat shield. Pretty sure this helps. After travelling outback next month, I'll then tell you how successful it was to put it in this location. I was advised by the guys at DieselCare that an after market 'post' filter option is better than a prefilter, so that's what i ended up doing. Fuel line runs along the fire wall, and put some heat shield around the fuel hose to be on the safe side. I've been running this around the city for 3 months now with no issues. Fingers crossed it will last the big trip .
        First photo showing how clutted it is around the existing filter. Second photo showing new filter.
        Attached Files
        Humbug

NS 25th Anniversary Pajero, DID Auto
        Accessories fitted: ARB Delux Bar, TJM Snorkel, ARB Dual Batteries, Milford Cargo Barrier, Fourby Fitout storage system, ARB Onboard Compressor, Goodyear Wrangler MT's with 17 x 7.5 Speedy Grande rims, UHF radio, Bush Skinz bash plates and side steps.

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

What was the heat shield you used?

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Humbug
            • Dec 2008
            • Melbourne

It was just a piece of zinc sheeting i had lying around, which i cut and folded to suit. Then bought a sheet of heatshield sheet off ebay which has foil on one side, about 5mm of foam and sticky stuff on the other. It seems to work pretty well.
            Humbug

Accessories fitted: ARB Delux Bar, TJM Snorkel, ARB Dual Batteries, Milford Cargo Barrier, Fourby Fitout storage system, ARB Onboard Compressor, Goodyear Wrangler MT's with 17 x 7.5 Speedy Grande rims, UHF radio, Bush Skinz bash plates and side steps.

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

Oh, right - now I see what you are talking about. I was thinking you meant you put heat shield around the fuel lines and couldn't see what or where it was.

Geoff
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Humbug
                • Dec 2008
                • Melbourne

There is also a heat shield around the fuel lines. This was also an Ebay purchase. Its basically a heatshield sleeve that goes over the fuel line. Probably made of asbestos .
                Humbug

Comment

• Maximage
                  • Mar 2013
                  • Darch, Perth, WA

Hey Goodsy, or anyone else that actually installed this yourselves, how did you go about removing the current fuel line? Is it decently pressurised at this point? Usual trick of pulling the fuel pump fuse or jumping under the rear seat to pull the plug to the fuel line and running the car until it runs out of fuel, or the old rad around the line as you pull it loose?

And this one at the guys who have used FuelMaster brand, did you find the bugs that you hook onto are the same size as the stock filters? I have mine all mounted up on a bracket I made next to the original filter. Modified the original ones bracket slightly to shift it about a cm to the drivers side which gave me just enough room to fit the pre-filter between it and the secondary battery. Has been in the engine bay for weeks, just haven't plumbed it in yet. Wondering if I can just unhook the existing hose to the current filter and whack it straight onto the FuelMaster. Just don't want to mess around unhooking it all to find I need a different size hose as the barb is different.
                  SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• Goodsy
                    Who ya gunna call....
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Hervey Bay

The fuel pump is attached to the engine. No filter in line or in the tank. Plenty of pulling power for a 2 filter setup.
                    Also I didn't modify my OEM fuel lines at all I just moved them and added a bit.
                    This is the first engine I've had a twin setup on and now it will be swapped to the next car I get. What ever it may be.
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Maximage
                      • Mar 2013
                      • Darch, Perth, WA

Awesome, so I can just unplug the fuel line without worrying about it being pressurised and squirting all over the place? Cheers! Appreciate the help!
                      SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• gyro64
                        • Mar 2011
                        • Adelaide

To Humbug re placement of filter.
                        I need to do the same,Where have you attached a bracket to to hold the filter, I seem to have a silver pipe running in that area, could be behind your filter, did you bend it out the way?
                        Cheers
                        Paul

Comment

• craka
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                          My setup.

Researched filter a lot. High flow water trapper. Also now have a piece from a fergy tractor on my PJ.
                          I broke my glass section and the tractor sight glass was the cheapest. From Wagga.
                          Hey Goodsy, where you have put the water trap does it stop you from installed dual battery in the corner near passsenger side firewall? Secondly where did you get the water trap from?
                          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Geoff.Regent
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Somerton Park SA

Hi All, Diesel Care out of Qld now have a full kit available for the NW. It is positioned on the left side of the engine bay. Note too they recommend a secondary filter of 3 microns. Retailing for about $ 340 plus freight.
                            Cheers, Geoff

Comment

• Matty_P
                              • May 2014
                              • Bayside Brisbane QLD

Hey Humbug - Whats the 3 filters on the left side of the Pic?

Comment

• Alben
                                • Jul 2010
                                • Victoria

If I was to have a guess, I would say diff breathers and transmission / transfer case breathers.
                                Those little inline "fuel" filters stop dust etc being sucked in to the hose.
                                Cheers
                                Ben.
                                2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X