• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrich56
    • Jul 2007
    • Devonport Tasmania

NP Sump guard and inter cooler guard

Hi
    Does anyone know where I can buy a good inter cooler and sump guard for a NP Exceed DID?
    JR
    04 NP Exceed 3.2 DID Tough Dog Springs, Bilsteins, ECB Alloy Bar, Cargo Barrier, IPF Driving Lights, Inter Cooler Sump and Transmission Guards and Copper ST
  • GOBO
    • Jun 2007
    • Melbourne Aust

I have the alloy Mits intercooler plate, It has been bent several times and I have also bent the front vehicle body mounts that it attaches to. I am currently looking into a new plate that attaches to the bullbar instead of the weak body attaching points. Every time I bend it now it rubs on the sway bar.
    I have Brown Davis Sump and Transmission plates which are made of steel plate which have been very good. Brown Davis is in Bayswater Melbourns Vic.
    I think TJM sell the Brown Davis plates.
    Regards
    GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

• brett
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

I've got a TJM sump guard, I think it is their own, seem to remember a TJM logo cut into it, 3mm steel does the job, also got a Mitsu alloy intercooler plate but same as Gobo have bent it and the flimsy panel it bolt's to a few times, only need a few light taps with a 4lb hammer to straighten the panel but needed some heafty blows with a 20lb sledge to get the plate back into shape. I now drive a bit slower and are more carefull and haven't needed the hammer since. TJM now also have a transmission plate I believe

Comment

• junor179
        • Jun 2007
        • Bendigo

Intercooler protection plate

To my knowledge there are no after market intercooler proctection plates except the Mitsubishi alloy plate. Early last year I had a 4mm steel plate made up by a sheetmetal factory in Bendigo. The plate paid for itself on the first 4wd trip after it was fitted when I hit a large flat rock putting a good dent in the plate by with no damage to the intercooler. I posted some information on the forum last year and have had 6 plates made up and sent to other NP owners.

Have some photos for those interested, just send an email.

[email protected]

Phil
        Phil
        NP DID GLS Pajero

Comment

• psproule
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Googong, NSW

We had the stock intercooler plate off of our MY06 NP and I was actually surprised at how sturdy it was compared to the plate off of our NM. This one has a fair amount of bracing, although as you say the top mount points may be an issue.

With the suspension lift we dont seem to hit that plate though.

Pat
          Last edited by psproule; 05-08-07, 07:39 AM.
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• junor179
            • Jun 2007
            • Bendigo

A few replies up I listed my email address to contact me for photos of a intercool protection plate.

Please note new email address - [email protected]

Regards

Phil
            Phil
            NP DID GLS Pajero

Comment

• vinceb
              • Aug 2007
              • Banora Point NSW

I recently purchased a plate from Phil(junor179) & I am extremely happy with his service.
              A well manufactured item.
              Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
              Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

• jrich56
                • Jul 2007
                • Devonport Tasmania

I recently purchased a plate from Phil(junor179) & I am extremely happy with his service. Its work like a charm and was easy to fix. I recmondem this item
                John R
                JR
                04 NP Exceed 3.2 DID Tough Dog Springs, Bilsteins, ECB Alloy Bar, Cargo Barrier, IPF Driving Lights, Inter Cooler Sump and Transmission Guards and Copper ST

Comment

• Old Paj
                  Pajero Club Life Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Heathcote, Vic

Intercooler, Sump and Transmission Guard

I picked up a full set of these from Phil (junor179) today, excellent quality, excellent service (even virtually fited them all for me . More than pleased all up.
                  NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Pathy
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Wondai QLD

Bought my NP diesel s/h has a steel intercooler plate, looks mits, has taken a few good dings lately. Seems pretty sturdy.
                    1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X