• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • achjimmy
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by CeeJay View Post
    I reckon the real value is at the poverty-pack end. A bottom-spec Pajero is still great value I reckon - you can spec up sliders, sat nav, HIDs, reversing cam etc etc onto a GL or GLX for loads less than list price of a VRX or Exceed - that's what I did anyway. A base-model Pajero is still great value compared to a LR or Prado. Different story for Jeep now though, so will be really interesting to see how the new Cherokee goes.
    i reckon your correct ceejay depending how you want your rig, doing it again i would consider a GL and you got a $10k head start to setting it up. Does the GL have front seat airbags?
    Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
    MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
    99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Pearcie
      BushSkinz 4x4
      • Nov 2007
      • Wattagans

Dollar for dollar I would have to agree that the jeep does put a very good case forward. If I was looking at a new vehicle I would certainly give it a thought but that is only because the diesel motor in it looks like it would be a good drive and looks to be more frugal on fuel as well. If the nw had a new motor I probably wouldn't even consider other vehicles just because I like the paj so much. Fortunately I can wait a while before changing vehicles again so hopefully Mitsubishi will have made us all happier with a new power plant. But I believe the pajero in all variants is reasonable value when compared to the only other competitor with a good dealer network should something happen which is the prado.

Cheers
      Kieron
      2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
      Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• CharlieDontSurf
        • Mar 2010
        • Melbourne

On Goauto all the details are here with pics. Also details on all MY12 Mitsubishi's

Attached Files
        2008 Red NS VRX diesel manual, rear diff lock, 6 airbags, rear air, ARB deluxe bar with fog lights, OME suspension lift,Red Arc Remote Head Brake controller, Reverse Camera, ASL automedia iphone cable, Bury system 8 hands free kit, Rola RBXL crossbars with Rhino SQR and Thule Proride bike racks, weird ass half Hayman Reece/half Mitsubishi towbar? Outback Sturt Camper Trailer

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2000
          • Tasmania

"According to Mitsubishi?s Product Manager James Toi, the Exceed petrol does not get the rear diff lock as buyers are considered less likely to travel off-road"

what a load of crap!!
          NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
          NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• achjimmy
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
            "According to Mitsubishi?s Product Manager James Toi, the Exceed petrol does not get the rear diff lock as buyers are considered less likely to travel off-road"

what a load of crap!!
            Is the off road pack with 17"s and difflock an option?
            Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
            MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
            99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Dion
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Interesting stats:

Fleet sales of the GL has doubled from an average of about 25 per month in 2010 to around 50 per month currently.

According to VFACTS, Pajero holds an 8.9 per cent share of the medium SUV segment in Australia with 5105 sales to the end of September.

That may be down 2.6 per cent over the same period last year, but is a better result than for key competitors like the Toyota Prado (down 34.3 per cent), Toyota Kluger (down 19.1 per cent) and Holden Captiva 7 (down 15.2 per cent).
              GL gaining popularity and the Pajero is holding its market share happily.

I don't know how they put Kluger and Captiva in the same sentence, but anyway.
              2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Dion
                Valued Member
                • May 2010
                • Brisbane

Saw a white one this evening at my local servo. Was kinda weird with two white Pajeros next to each other. The white doesn't really go well with the egg crate grille on front that is body coloured.
                2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• TRUE BLUE ONE
                  • May 2010
                  • MANDURAH WA

I wouldn't have the new jeep it looks tempting but after i worked on a few and found out they are running can bus electrics , dont get me started
                  stick to my paj , found out to that new NW GL has no change to oLd NT and sales are up because more mine fleets are buying them yah for me
                  2010 NT ACTIV PAJERO MANUAL DIESEL / factory diff lock / factory tow pack / ARB dual batt tray / twin cobra batts / Redarc BCDC 1220 battery isolator / Autowatch alarm upgrade with window closure / 35 Watt HID fog light upgrade / 35 Watt low beam upgrade / 55 Watt HID high beam upgrade / colour coded front grille / K&N filter / 3 inch Manta exhaust / electronic rust unit / 50 Watt HID lightforce xgt spotlights / BF Goodrich Tyres / front and rear custom diff breathers

Comment

• CharlieDontSurf
                    • Mar 2010
                    • Melbourne

I was having my am radio replaced today and rear door lock replaced under warranty at chadstone Mitsubishi and they had a white nw in the holding lot next to service. It looked good but I must say I prefer the silver roof rails
                    2008 Red NS VRX diesel manual, rear diff lock, 6 airbags, rear air, ARB deluxe bar with fog lights, OME suspension lift,Red Arc Remote Head Brake controller, Reverse Camera, ASL automedia iphone cable, Bury system 8 hands free kit, Rola RBXL crossbars with Rhino SQR and Thule Proride bike racks, weird ass half Hayman Reece/half Mitsubishi towbar? Outback Sturt Camper Trailer

Comment

• Dazza.
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • Northern Territory

Well wasn't the other thread about it's release a storm in a teacup

As for the NW product, I still prefer the looks of the NT, and I agree the silver roof rails look much better.
                      COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• Dion
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2010
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dazza. View Post
                        Well wasn't the other thread about it's release a storm in a teacup

As for the NW product, I still prefer the looks of the NT, and I agree the silver roof rails look much better.
                        Agree. The Paj is one of those vehicles that looks good with grey/silver/chrome.

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

A couple of photos of an NW Exceed one of our members purchased (with his permission)

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ranger J
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                            A couple of photos of an NW Exceed one of our members purchased (with his permission)
                            The more curvy front bar looks very similar to a NP, moreso than the NS/NT.
                            NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• psproule
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by TRUE BLUE ONE View Post
                              I wouldn't have the new jeep it looks tempting but after i worked on a few and found out they are running can bus electrics , dont get me started
                              stick to my paj , found out to that new NW GL has no change to oLd NT and sales are up because more mine fleets are buying them yah for me
                              NM onwards pajero has plenty of CAN-BUS!
                              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• TRUE BLUE ONE
                                • May 2010
                                • MANDURAH WA

My NT doesnt and i have just worked on "mine spec ing" 10 NW Pajeros and they havent got CAN BUS either
                                2010 NT ACTIV PAJERO MANUAL DIESEL / factory diff lock / factory tow pack / ARB dual batt tray / twin cobra batts / Redarc BCDC 1220 battery isolator / Autowatch alarm upgrade with window closure / 35 Watt HID fog light upgrade / 35 Watt low beam upgrade / 55 Watt HID high beam upgrade / colour coded front grille / K&N filter / 3 inch Manta exhaust / electronic rust unit / 50 Watt HID lightforce xgt spotlights / BF Goodrich Tyres / front and rear custom diff breathers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X