• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amitasdhir
    • Aug 2013
    • Hornsby

5 seat to 7 seat conversion Pajero 2011 nw

Hi there
    Looking to buy pajero but the VIN number plate says 5 seats, can I add additional 2 seats if it has the provision to add with rear flap where additional seats fit. Where can I buy these seats?

Regards
    Amit
    My other vehicle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64KvHs5M6Y

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT
  • Bundyk
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • North Nowra

G'Day Amit,

First od all, welcome to the forum mate.

If you need a 7 seater, simply buy a 7 seat Pajero. I am going to assume that the one you looked at was a GL, meaning a 5 seater. Look for a GLX/GLS so it has the 7 seats standard, will be a lot less hassle.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• psproule
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Googong, NSW

If it was only complied for 5 seats you will find it quite a hassle to re-comply it for 7 seats. You also have the issue of needing to mount the seat-belts and change all the rear trim. Find a 7 seater to start with would be my suggestion also.
      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Paj People 2009
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2009
        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

You can buy mine if you want!

They will never be used again and are new!

I'm not sure if you are allowed to sell them though, if you have a car that is 7 seats compliant...something to ask Qld Transport maybe? Mya be able to get a new plate for our Paj?

Cheers,
        Sally
        SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Fritterbug
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Brisbane

The easiest way would be to buy a 7 seater in the first place.

However if you are really set on this particular car then ring around the wreckers and find out costs for the seat plus all the brackets, seat belts and any trim that differs to the 5 seater.

You might also need to meet any specs specific to the 7 seater relating to safety or handling. All I can think of would be rear springs perhaps might differ but there is probably nothing different here. I assume all NWs have ASC.

Then you need a compliance plate.

This is assuming that the 5 seater has all the welded brackets and holes etc in the body that a 7 seater has. It probably does but would be worth checking before you hand over any cash.

It would want to be a very good buy or well modified Pajero to be worth that hassle when there are plenty of 7 seaters out there for sale.
          MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• Goodsy
            Who ya gunna call....
            • Dec 2010
            • Hervey Bay

It usually comes down to money. What's your GL going to cost and what it is goig to cost to mod.
            What is a GLX worth in comparison?
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• amitasdhir
              • Aug 2013
              • Hornsby

5 to 7 seat compliance

Thanks to all of you for the reply. The car is Pajero 2011 GL. It seems to have all the fittings under the flap and behind 2nd row seats where the dickie sits would fit but my biggest issue is compliance plate. Will have to ring RTA in NSW to find out more. I could find the dickie seats for $150 on eBay and fitting shouldn't be hard either. I would need to check if seats come with seat belts or they need to installed separately.

Here RTA NSW legal stuff about adding seats, seems like too much work.
              Everything you need to know about registering a vehicle in NSW. Quick links: Driving in NSW Transport for NSW Sign up for Digital Vehicle Registrationlaunch
              Last edited by amitasdhir; 12-08-13, 01:08 AM.

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT

Comment

• psproule
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by amitasdhir View Post
                Thanks to all of you for the reply. The car is Pajero 2011 GL. It seems to have all the fittings under the flap and behind 2nd row seats where the dickie sits would fit but my biggest issue is compliance plate. Will have to ring RTA in NSW to find out more. I could find the dickie seats for $150 on eBay and fitting shouldn't be hard either. I would need to check if seats come with seat belts or they need to installed separately.

Here RTA NSW legal stuff about adding seats, seems like too much work.
                http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...oads/vib02.pdf
                Seat belts are mounted behind the trim panels on either side. They are not a part of the seats.
                2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• amitasdhir
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Hornsby

finally bought the Pajero 5 seater

Hello everyone, thanks for all your feedback and comments I finally did end buying the 5 seater pajero and going to add the dickie seats later on. The fitting and certification is $250 and seats from wreckers are not too expensive either so should be fine. Thanks for all comments and help.

Comment

• Uncle Fester
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2007
                    • Boambee East NSW

Buy MMA seats off ebay with seats and belts for $300. They come up all the time. Then fit it all yourself and then you go get a blue slip and the will simply change the seating capacity on rego. No need for engineer or RTA fitting station stuff to be done as all components are MMA and bolt to in into original MMA fittings. I looked into in 1 week ago and that is what the RTA Technical section told me, so I rang local blue slip guy who confirmed all of the above.
                    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• pauld
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post

I'm not sure if you are allowed to sell them though, if you have a car that is 7 seats compliant...something to ask Qld Transport maybe? Mya be able to get a new plate for our Paj?

Cheers,
                      Sally
                      Certainly in Vic you have to have the seats for roadworthy so be careful about off loading them, mine have been wrapped up in a rug since the day after I bought the car. A friend of mine recently bought an 80 series and then went to get it roadworthy, he had to run around and find the 6th & 7th seats to complete the roadworthy.
                      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• amitasdhir
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Hornsby

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post

Cheers,
                        Sally
                        Hi Sally
                        Are your seats still available? Are they from NW model or from compatible series of Pajero that would fit in NW, please let me know I can check it. thanks

Regards
                        Amit

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

Yep, still available, sitting in plastic in the shed.

If you are interested in them, please PM me.

Re fitting an NW, I think they would fit - don't think they've changed the shape for them. You'd have to check though. They are from a late 2009 NT model.

Cheers,
                          Sally
                          SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Cecu
                            • Oct 2012
                            • Australia

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
                            Buy MMA seats off ebay with seats and belts for $300. They come up all the time. Then fit it all yourself and then you go get a blue slip and the will simply change the seating capacity on rego. No need for engineer or RTA fitting station stuff to be done as all components are MMA and bolt to in into original MMA fittings. I looked into in 1 week ago and that is what the RTA Technical section told me, so I rang local blue slip guy who confirmed all of the above.
                            I would have thought that you need to get engineer's certificate when it comes to installing seats and seat belts? In QLD at least you do...

Cecu

Comment

• Jorgo530
                              • Sep 2011
                              • Perth WA

I to have a set of rear seat - Brand new - never sat in. Yours for 250 + Postage - PM if interested.
                              2011 NW RX DiD Silver Color matched ARB Deluxe Bar, OME Sports Lift Kit, ARB onboard Compressor, Custom Sheep covers, ECUWest Remap, Manta SS 3 inch exhaust, Bushskins sidesteps, Bushskins Intercooler / Sump protection, Scan Gauge, LightForce XGT240 70wHID's, Duelers 697LT's 285/65R17 " Love this Car "

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X