• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderPie
    • Oct 2015
    • Cape Town

4M40T primer pump

Hi guys,
    I have a slight issue with my primer pump on my 2.8TD.
    it seems that it sucks air through the O ring of the pump rod, so I have to replace the primer pump / diesel filter bracket unit.
    After the car stands over night I have to prime the filter till the air is out. I checked the fuel cap too which seemed to be blocked and I replaced that also.
    Fuel lines are fine, those I replaced recently with Gates hose, so no issue from that section.

Does anyone know if this item is also used in other japanese cars and if so in which ones?
    Also a part ID number of that thig would be helpful.

Locally here in South Africa they have to order that item from Japan and it costs a fortune.

Maybe its a lot cheaper using the same item but from an other manufacturer (Isuzu probably?)

Many thanks for your help

Stephan from Cape Town
    Attached Files
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Check the seal under the bleed screw. I fitted a second fuel filter to my NW, and the bleed screw in its filter mounting was not sealing properly. Eventually I took the car to a mechanic and he put a vacuum pump on the system and found the leak. He replaced the sealing washer, but still could not develop and hold a full vacuum. He got about 20" mercury vacuum. Since the car normally would never get more than about 2" vacuum, I considered this was OK, and have not had a problem since then.

So I would get a mechanic to check the system with a vacuum gauge and try to find the problem. If it is the O ring in the pump, surely you can replace this with another standard ring?

Comment

• Martynhpajero
      • Jan 2011
      • Mount Gambier

MB552234 on eBay is the part you want. Fitted one to my car after the non standard one on it gave me trouble.

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk
      NJ Exceed, Alloy bullbar, factory locker,ORU 9000lb winch, eBay snorkle,31" AT's
      NL GLS 2.8, PC Challenger auto for the wife.

Comment

• ThunderPie
        • Oct 2015
        • Cape Town

thanks for the reply, I give that a try
        car is now 17 years old and parts age

Comment

• Pajblue
          • Dec 2012
          • Australia

primer pump

this is the part number MB554950.

or

57509855PUMP
          Last edited by Pajblue; 10-06-20, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X