Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Auxiliary fuel filter AND auxiliary battery under bonnet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hookie
    • Dec 2015
    • Coffs Harbour

Auxiliary fuel filter AND auxiliary battery under bonnet?

Has anyone done this? Seems like given the space it's an either/or situation. I'd like to have both, and thought about making a right angle bracket that comes out from behind the existing fuel filter and brings the second filter forward to sit in front of it, keeping it out of the second battery airspace. I'd have to stare at it for a bit longer though, not sure if it would work out.
    My other idea, if it's not possible to fit both, is to put the fuel filter where everyone else does and the battery controller in the engine bay and run wiring down to the third row well for the second battery. The major downside to that idea is that I would have to swap out the battery and the third row all the time, because with other people and their kids my third row gets a lot of use when I'm at home.
    If anyone has been through this and figured out a good solution I'd love to see some pics.

SOLD - 2004 Exceed Di-D, 2" Lovells-Lovells lift, Boo's sump/intercooler/transmission guards, 4 way breather, dual batteries, General Grabber AT2s, Tough Toys LED awning
  • pugsley1967
    • May 2015
    • Thornlie WA

I fitted one from diesel care. It wasn't that cheap, but was super easy to fit. It goes on the drivers side away from the second battery. If you have a snorkel though, it won't fit.

2005 GLS 3.2 Auto.
    2" lift with Lovell's,
    Bushskinz intercooler, sump & trans guards.
    X-Rox bar with winch on the way,
    auxiliary tank, rear air bags,
    2micron secondary fuel filter,
    turbo timer, HID spots,
    LED light bar, UHF radio.

Comment

• Hookie
      • Dec 2015
      • Coffs Harbour

Yeah, I don't think moving to the other side is going to be an option either, got a snorkel going in as well as a 4 way breather, and with all the compliance plates in that area there's not a ton of wallspace.
      I looked at the dieselcare kit, but I've seen a few members here have gone with the donaldson for a couple of hundred less and seem happy. I still intend to change my primary filter frequently, so the second filter is more of an insurance policy than something I'll be relying on heavily.
      SOLD - 2004 Exceed Di-D, 2" Lovells-Lovells lift, Boo's sump/intercooler/transmission guards, 4 way breather, dual batteries, General Grabber AT2s, Tough Toys LED awning

Comment

• pugsley1967
        • May 2015
        • Thornlie WA

here pics of mine. even if you don't use this type it might give you some ideas.
        Attached Files
        2005 GLS 3.2 Auto.
        2" lift with Lovell's,
        Bushskinz intercooler, sump & trans guards.
        X-Rox bar with winch on the way,
        auxiliary tank, rear air bags,
        2micron secondary fuel filter,
        turbo timer, HID spots,
        LED light bar, UHF radio.

Comment

• Hookie
          • Dec 2015
          • Coffs Harbour

That does fit nicely in there. I'm planning on getting a safari (ebay clone probably), so the snorkel won't be in the way of that area. If I can keep the breather headers out of there that might be a good spot. Thanks for the pics, food for thought for sure!

Comment

• Maximage
            • Mar 2013
            • Darch, Perth, WA

Although I have a Gen 4.3, you may be able to do something similar. Second post on my build thread ... http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=34267

Basically drilled a couple of fresh holes in the factory filter bracket that moved it up and slightly closer to the engine. Then managed to fit the extra filter in between it and the second battery by bending up some alloy flat bar that was screwed to the firewall as larger surface to mount the extra filter and relays.
            SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• Hookie
              • Dec 2015
              • Coffs Harbour

Wow, you got them squeezed in there pretty nice. Glad to know it's possible! I reckon I'll get the battery in first and then see how it looks. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X