• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • japinka
    • Dec 2012
    • NSW

I just joined the NS club

After many months of procrastination , of swinging between pajeros and tritons I brought myself a NS , I'm now looking forward to my build , which will start with suspension and tires, I know the posts are plentyful on these topics but I do have a quick question if some would be kind to answer , which suspension kit will give me true 50mm lift, and is it beneficial to add the 30 mm coil spacers as well? Thanks for reading now its oil change time
    2008 ns , Lovells Springs & Dobinson Shocks, 285/70/17 Hankook ATM , MCC Steel bar & winch, new timing chain tensoner, DPF delete, additonal fuel tank
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

Ask one of the mods to move this to the 4-1 section as it is an NS not an NT or is it.
    And the answer to your question will receive so may answers. I'm bloody happy with what I have and wouldn't swap it for anything.
    50mm lift and a good ride for over 45K now.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• abw
      • Aug 2013
      • Sydney

Personally, I'd stick with a 40-50mm lift. You want to keep the axles as parallel as possible (especially the front) to look after those cvs. To get a bit more clearance, go for 32" tyres. Remember the bash plates

Just my opinion

Andrew
      was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• japinka
        • Dec 2012
        • NSW

Thanks guys , i actually thought my post was deleted when i searches the ns threads , looks like i posted to nt , my error , anyway i spent my time off fitting Lovells springs and dobinson shocks the lift and clearance is very good , and preformed well in stockton beach , im very happy , now to do my homework on wheel and tyre selection
        2008 ns , Lovells Springs & Dobinson Shocks, 285/70/17 Hankook ATM , MCC Steel bar & winch, new timing chain tensoner, DPF delete, additonal fuel tank

Comment

• TC.Barky
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Melbourne

Missed that one, all fixed
          MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
          Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• P4J3R0
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2013
            • Brisbane

Nice.

When do we get to see the pics of the new girl?
            NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Bundyk
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2012
              • North Nowra

Originally posted by japinka View Post
              Thanks guys , i actually thought my post was deleted when i searches the ns threads , looks like i posted to nt , my error , anyway i spent my time off fitting Lovells springs and dobinson shocks the lift and clearance is very good , and preformed well in stockton beach , im very happy , now to do my homework on wheel and tyre selection
              We need photos....or it never happened!
              Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• japinka
                • Dec 2012
                • NSW

Hi , sorry working some big shift sorry for the late reply , i ended up installing Lovells springs & dobinson shocks , very happy with the outcome , no looking for big tyres , sorry no pics , iphone wont let me up load

Comment

• baida88
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Brisbane

I've got the old man emu heavy duty with the extra spring spacers. It sits higher than than most other pajeros with a lift, I make a habit of parking next to other pajero just to remind me. But it sits well above then now with the sub frame drop and 33"
                  2007 NS Pajero VRX, Diesel, 50mm lift + 30mm sub-frame lift, 265 70 r18 falkens at3, duel batteries, Digital egt & boost gauges, CB, Offroad nav unit, Arb bullbar+spotlights+led bar+warn 9500lb winch, Stainless steel bash plates, full length roof rack+led lights+awning, rear bash bar, Long range tank, polyair bags, on board air compressor, rear shelves and fridge slide, 3 inch exhaust, solid flywheel.

Comment

• abw
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Sydney

Originally posted by baida88 View Post
                    I've got the old man emu heavy duty with the extra spring spacers. It sits higher than than most other pajeros with a lift, I make a habit of parking next to other pajero just to remind me. But it sits well above then now with the sub frame drop and 33"
                    Tell us a bit more about your subframe drop. How much did you drop the diff? Did you only do the front? Pictures?
                    was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• baida88
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Brisbane

Only did a 30mm drop, just so it would fit the 33' better and wouldnt put to much stress on the steering rack. Wasnt any harder than a patrol body lift. Took me about a day to do, i was thinking about doing a write up diy but i didnt take any pics. Cost wise it only set me back about $500 and fits pretty neatly
                      2007 NS Pajero VRX, Diesel, 50mm lift + 30mm sub-frame lift, 265 70 r18 falkens at3, duel batteries, Digital egt & boost gauges, CB, Offroad nav unit, Arb bullbar+spotlights+led bar+warn 9500lb winch, Stainless steel bash plates, full length roof rack+led lights+awning, rear bash bar, Long range tank, polyair bags, on board air compressor, rear shelves and fridge slide, 3 inch exhaust, solid flywheel.

Comment

• abw
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by baida88 View Post
                        Only did a 30mm drop, just so it would fit the 33' better and wouldnt put to much stress on the steering rack. Wasnt any harder than a patrol body lift. Took me about a day to do, i was thinking about doing a write up diy but i didnt take any pics. Cost wise it only set me back about $500 and fits pretty neatly
                        Yeah I dropped my diff (sub-frame) only 15mm. I have a 2" lift and this made a pretty significant improvement to the angle of my front CV's.
                        was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• P4J3R0
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Brisbane

Any legal implications with this? I have some 20mm ally plate at home I was going to machine up to do front and rear sub frame drops.
                          NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• baida88
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Brisbane

its about as legal as the bigger tires, to be honest if the car ever got inspected by an insurance agent i doubt it would be pick up as it doesnt stand out like dogs n#ts.

Long story short, no its not legal. but still happy i did it

Comment

• japinka
                              • Dec 2012
                              • NSW

Hi Baida88 , very interesting , I keen on the sub frame drop , was this achieved front and rear ?, any info on this mod would be appreciated (how many spacers , longer bolts etc) cause my vision is 33's and a vehicle that'll sit proud among Nissans & Toyotas lol

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X