• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whipping_toy
    • Oct 2012
    • Perth

Lower Shock Absorber Bushing - NM

Hi,

I am in the process of swapping out the lower shock absorber bushings on my NM pajero. I have removed the strut, and removed the bushings, but cannot fit my new bushing.

The new bushings seem too thick to fit, using my vice I am unable to get them to fit. I am thinking that perhaps there is a sleeve which still needs to be removed - When I pressed the bushing out it removed the rubber and inner sleeve.

Here is a pic - in the pic it looks like there is still a sleeve in there. Diameter wise the new bushing look a good fit if this was removed.

Anyone done this job before and can offer some advice?

Maybe I am being to gentle trying to fit the new one, but trying to take care.

Thanks,

Daryn
    Attached Files
  • dolphin
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008

i do remember the shock bushes are rubber and have a seperate metal sleeve like is shown in pic. if the new bushes came with the metal sleeve fitted i would say this sleeve is to stay and you need to use some rubber grease of such and press them into the shocks like you have tried but with more force.
    lubrication is the key.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• whipping_toy
      • Oct 2012
      • Perth

Thanks Dolphin.

The new one are nolathane, I am guessing the same applies. I'll try and force them into that sleeve.

Cheers,

Daryn

Comment

• whipping_toy
        • Oct 2012
        • Perth

I should say I am using Nolathane bushes to replace the old rubber ones. The Nolathane bushings never came with an external sleeve.

I tried to squeeze the new ones in, and they bulged out enough on each side to convince me they won't go.

Before I try and remove what I think is an outer sleeve (and break something) has someone experienced this?

Thanks

Daryn
        Last edited by whipping_toy; 27-01-14, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• whipping_toy
          • Oct 2012
          • Perth

So, job done.

That was a sleeve that needed to be removed for the Nolathane bushes to fit.

Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

• Mik
            • Nov 2011
            • Sydney

Hi Thanks for the info. I'll be doing mine in a few weeks time when I get the chance.
            2000 NM Pajero - Petrol. Bull Bar, 2" lift, dual battery, rear bar and other bits and pieces.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X