• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • green monster
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by zacc View Post
    apparently if you look at the top of the accumilator there is what looks like a nut , this is where the socket fits on . onthe nut there is a dab of paint , if the colour is pinkish you have the good one .
    I worked at Holdens for a number of years and a would imagine that any paint dot on a bolt or otherwise is a counter measure which is done immediately after tightening. so only visual confirmation is required on inspection.
    this only shows that the bolt has been done up,,IMO
    cam
    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• gaz1
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Blue Mountains NSW

Got my recall letter yesterday, but will wait a while because it's booked in for gas fitting in a week's time. Mine has the pink paint dot, so maybe it won't need anything done - I'll post again when I know.

Gaz
      2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• oozuk
        • Jul 2007

I'm the second owner of my NM and MMA still managed to send me a recall notice, the only way i can figure is that the previous owner informed them of my address when they contacted him.

Booking it in next week

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
          Got my recall letter yesterday, but will wait a while because it's booked in for gas fitting in a week's time. Mine has the pink paint dot, so maybe it won't need anything done - I'll post again when I know.

Gaz
          my accumulator also has the Pink paint dot on top but the service tech has ordered in a new mod to fit to my NM.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• dolphin
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008

i had my accumulator done today , only waited for 1 hour. my original unit had the pink dot and the service guy mentioned that the good accumulators have the yellow dot. also he mentioned there is a re call on the factory roof racks.
            NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

Mine done today as well same as dolphin short wait.. And as it was the 1st 1 they've done head mechanic did with 2 others been shown how as they have another 4 in later this week.
              Thanks all at Colin Watson Mitsubishi Traralgon.
              VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
              NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Jaster
                • Apr 2008
                • Wollongong, NSW

Well, just had my Paj in for this recal (been booked in for a week - even though some of you have said it's been done while you wait) ... anyways, just got a call, and mines going to need replacing, and i'll have to bring it back in another few days once they've ordered the part ... ... it's been booked in for a week, and sure, they wouldn't have know whether mine needed replacing until looking at it, but there are enough Paj's around that i'm sure if they had one or two in stock, they wouldn't get a chance to collect that much dust ...

(well, at least prior to being installed )

... but I suppose, if MMA want to replace a 6-and-a-bit year old part with a new one, I can't complain too much
                Current: Cool Silver '11 NT RX Auto
                Retired: Green '02 NM Exceed Manual

Comment

• gaz1
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Blue Mountains NSW

had my Paj done this morning, the new accumulator has a yellow paint dot instead of the pink one. It took about 45 mins from arrival to departure.

Gaz

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• gaz1
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Blue Mountains NSW

Yesterday I got a letter from the RTA telling me about this recall 'as the registered owner of an affected vehicle'. That's the only time I've ever received such a letter, and over the years my cars have had several recalls - makes me wonder whether the problem is potentially more serious than it first appeared.

I've noticed that the new accumulator is noisier, and seems to run for longer, than the one that was replaced.

Gaz

Comment

• jol
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Sydney, Australia

Yep got my letter from RTA as well. Also had a letter from Mitsu previously. Was told by the dealer who checked-out my accumulator that they have to take them apart to check if they need replacing. Mine didn't, had previously been replaced about a year ago when the diaphram had a problem. Didn't seem to run any different when it was replaced.

Comment

• gaz1
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Blue Mountains NSW

The new accumulator in my Paj is much noisier than the original - there is quite a noticeable whirring sound at startup and at various times when the brake is applied.

In the past few days I've also noticed an electronic "beep" noise from the underbonnet area when the ignition is turned on and the accumulator is activated. This only happens when the accumulator starts with the ignition - once it is up to pressure the ingition can be turned on without the "beep".

I'm reluctant to take it back again because I have to disconnect and remove (& later replace) some additional electrical relays & solenoids for van brakes, charging system, rear power outlet etc so they can get at the accumulator.

Any suggestions on what this could be? Maybe a fault in the replacement accumulator?

Damn!

Gaz
                        Last edited by gaz1; 04-12-08, 06:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• dolphin
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2008

there really shouldn,t be any noise coming from the brake accumulator other than a slight air sound when the ignition is turned on. i would take the vehicle back for inspection as the fitting of this unit could have been rushed or the base seal may be slightly perished or broken.

Comment

• swordfishBob
                            • May 2008

Mine's booked in for Monday.
                            I do find if I have my foot on the brake pedal when I first turn on, I get a brief "bvvvvt" sound as the pedal sinks a bit. I figure it's normal behavior for the brake assist.

Comment

• whatsupkramer
                              • Sep 2007
                              • Muswellbrook

All
                              After this recall I thought that I would be smart and replace the front break pads and let MM adjust the brakes when they replace the accumulator.

BUT... When I went to MM they told me that the accumulator is ok. Bugger.

Anyways the new brake pads are much better...

Chris
                              2008 NS 25th Anniversary 3.2L Auto - Mickey Thompson Baja STZ 265/60R18, Tow Bar, ARB Saraha Bar, Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport 2" lift.
                              Limited Edition Mighty Bulloak Camper Trailer - All mods including a 2" lift.

Comment

• blackjack
                                • Aug 2008

Dramas after recall accumilator failed.

Hi.

My brakes have completely shat themselves after the replacement accumilator failed.

Anyone had similar problems?

I've posted in another thread to save duplicating, if anyone's had a similar problem.

Cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X