• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrewW
    • Nov 2011
    • Gold Coast

First Timing Belt Replacement

My NS SWB is coming up to 6 years old and approaching 60000kms. I just received a special offer from Toowong Mitsubishi to replace my timing belt for $405. I was only going to get it done at 100000 kms but MM Toowong say it should be done every 5 years or 60000kms, whichever comes first. Is this just money generating spiel or should I get them to do it to be on the safe side? Trouble is I am on the Gold Coast and get my local 4wd mechanic to do all my work so do not want to combine this job with the upcoming 60000km service. All advice appreciated.
    NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit
  • TheTaipan
    Banned
    • Jan 2009
    • sydney

Originally posted by DrewW View Post
    My NS SWB is coming up to 6 years old and approaching 60000kms. I just received a special offer from Toowong Mitsubishi to replace my timing belt for $405. I was only going to get it done at 100000 kms but MM Toowong say it should be done every 5 years or 60000kms, whichever comes first. Is this just money generating spiel or should I get them to do it to be on the safe side? Trouble is I am on the Gold Coast and get my local 4wd mechanic to do all my work so do not want to combine this job with the upcoming 60000km service. All advice appreciated.

Umm, you don't have a timing belt................diesels have a timing chain.

I would tell MM Toowong to go jump.

Comment

• psproule
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Googong, NSW

Hahahahahah!

I'd book it in and play dumb. Then upon picking it up, before paying the bill, ask them to explain how they managed to change the timing belt on a motor that does not have one.

I smell a scam!

Pat
      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
        Umm, you don't have a timing belt................diesels have a timing chain.

I would tell MM Toowong to go jump.
        the PB Challenger has a timing belt ;-)
        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• TheTaipan
          Banned
          • Jan 2009
          • sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          the PB Challenger has a timing belt ;-)

Drew has a Pajero.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...