• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hop234
    • Jul 2007

nh fire order

Hi all.
    I just putting back together our 3000 v6. burnt valve and timing belt replacement.
    We are dead set sure the timing is correct and the distributor/rotor is right.
    Looking from the front of the car with the timing TDC, the rotor isd about 11 o'clock.
    We set up the leads as per the firing order in the book 1-2-3-4-5-6.
    Backfires and runs rough.

There is a photo in the book which shows on the top of the cap and the leads are running nothing like the book says they should.

( new plugs and leads and distributor cap was replaced 6 months ago)
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Col.
  • dolphin
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008

the firing order is 123456. just make sure you have the right leads on the right cylinder, if you have all leads to cylinders done correctly and you still have this backfire issue i would say you have not aligned the timing belt up correctly with either of the 2 cam sprockets. lets hope your leads are not right.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• liam
      • Feb 2008
      • chadstone

try this firing order 2 5 4 1 6 3 if i got this wrong forgive me as i was trying to get through a lot of info

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X