Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 20-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
These tyres are up a size in width and profile so overall diameter will increase by 40mm, still legal if tyre does not rubber on the body at any point during suspension or steering travel.

You will most likely notice an increase in fuel consumption and a decrease in acceleration and braking performance. Also if an automatic transmission then the TC will lock less frequently and unlock move often which will lead to increased ATF temps particularly off road and towing.

OJ.
Hey OJ,

Had this size since I bought the car so it's all I know. Running a set of wildpeak's for daily duties, and maxxis bighorns for the dirty weekends or playing on the farm.

They rubbed at full lock full flex on the front mudguards, however with all the barwork there is nothing to rub on now.

Fuel usage has been discussed in the build thread. ATF temps never get to high as a bit of sports mode selecting the right gear helps. Vented and slotted brakes with good pads make a world of difference.

I have just fitted the new MM 4X4 lockup kit and it's made a huge change. We all know how accurate the trip computer is for fuel usage, however it's currently showing 11L just through the lockup kit on the hiway. Can't wait to get through afew more tanks and have a proper figure.

The kit is amazing and it's usability is incredible. Been tweaking it each day. Obviously with the tyre size the standard settings are slightly off so I have delayed when the kit locks up and am very happy with it. There is no jerking or shuddering with gear changes.

Cheers
Old 20-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4J3R0 View Post
Hey OJ,

Had this size since I bought the car so it's all I know. Running a set of wildpeak's for daily duties, and maxxis bighorns for the dirty weekends or playing on the farm.

They rubbed at full lock full flex on the front mudguards, however with all the barwork there is nothing to rub on now.

Fuel usage has been discussed in the build thread. ATF temps never get to high as a bit of sports mode selecting the right gear helps. Vented and slotted brakes with good pads make a world of difference.

I have just fitted the new MM 4X4 lockup kit and it's made a huge change. We all know how accurate the trip computer is for fuel usage, however it's currently showing 11L just through the lockup kit on the hiway. Can't wait to get through afew more tanks and have a proper figure.

The kit is amazing and it's usability is incredible. Been tweaking it each day. Obviously with the tyre size the standard settings are slightly off so I have delayed when the kit locks up and am very happy with it. There is no jerking or shuddering with gear changes.

Cheers

Sounds like you have all the bases covered, well done
Only issue I can see is it is not a common size tyre so availability may be difficult in country areas.

Yes I have been pretty happy with the MM4x4 Lockup Mate and the way it has transformed my PB Challenger with the lazy Jatco auto trans.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 30-07-18
Valued Member

New tyres are on.

WOW. Definitely an upgrade from the old ones.

Tyre shop was great and did buy 3 get 1 free. Service was awesome and they were $30 less per tyre on everyone else.

They did ask why I was changing the tyres as there was still 4mm to tread wear indicators. I Said it only takes one bad cop to write a ticket and wreck my day.

Couple of new things with these. They said run 40psi to keep the tyre edges square. New compound will wear differently and the blocks are different so will be keen to see how they go off road. On road they are nice, quiet and grippy. If I can get near the 95000km that the AT02 did, I’ll be a happy camper.
Old 31-07-18

Who gave you the buy 3 and get 1 free deal?
1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.
Old 31-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
Who gave you the buy 3 and get 1 free deal?
Little tyre shop at Logan. Called all the big players and they wanted $325 each, tried a few smaller places and they wanted $400 each.
Old 31-07-18

Oh I am in Ballarat, so not far. Was hoping it was a franchise I could approach locally.
1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.
Old 20-08-18
Valued Member

Just back from a 2000km round trip to Sydney over the weekend.

Tyres are great. Lots of grip. And so quiet.

I have discovered lots of little rattles I never knew existed until I go these tyres.

Super impressed with them.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Just an update on my Wildpeak AT3W boots in 265/60-18 size. I have just returned from a trip that circumnavigated Qld. Sydney - Bourke - Hungerford - Quilpie - Windorah - Birdsville - Djarra - Cloncurry - Normanton - Karumba - Cobbold Gorge - Mount Surprise - Charters Towers - Charleville - Bourke - Sydney. Plenty of rocky roads and poor bitumen in that lot. The tyres have 9,300 ks on them now with about 7,000 of those towing a forward fold camper in four wheel drive. The tyres do not have a cut or mark on them and I have used 1.3 mm of tread depth from the original 10mm. I am very happy with how they perform.

James