Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 10-07-18

Default NP 3.2 vaccum hoses

Hi guys

I am chasing a vacuum leak..
I am wondering which vacuum hoses would affect the following systems?

Diesel engine, fuel, turbo and cruise control.

I would be replacing the MAP to intake manifold, but not sure about the other systems.. There is one from the throttle butterfly (one with the yellow paint) that goes to a plastic part which has a number of different hoses going into it. Does anyone know what this is?

The symptoms are that the cruise control cuts out and the traction control / stability control lights come on. If i rev it over 2000rpms it works okay so i'm thinking maybe it is leaking somewhere when the engine is below 2000rpms.

The other systems work fine (system select, the gear changes and the like).

I also noticed the vacuum pump itself has some braided vacuum hose. It goes from the vaccum pump to a metal pipe but it is only around 10cm or so.

Can I use a fuel hose instead of the braided?

Cheers
Old 11-07-18

You have to use vacuum hose, anything else will just collapse.

Cheers
Dave
Old 14-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykiel575 View Post
Hi guys

I am chasing a vacuum leak..
I am wondering which vacuum hoses would affect the following systems?

Diesel engine, fuel, turbo and cruise control.

I would be replacing the MAP to intake manifold, but not sure about the other systems.. There is one from the throttle butterfly (one with the yellow paint) that goes to a plastic part which has a number of different hoses going into it. Does anyone know what this is?

The symptoms are that the cruise control cuts out and the traction control / stability control lights come on. If i rev it over 2000rpms it works okay so i'm thinking maybe it is leaking somewhere when the engine is below 2000rpms.

The other systems work fine (system select, the gear changes and the like).

I also noticed the vacuum pump itself has some braided vacuum hose. It goes from the vaccum pump to a metal pipe but it is only around 10cm or so.

Can I use a fuel hose instead of the braided?

Cheers
There are a couple of solenoids slightly under the battery tray they go to.

Are you getting the check engine light with the traction control / stability control lights?

Assume we are talking diesel?
Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.
Old 14-07-18

I'm getting just the two orange lights. No check engine light.

When I rev it past 2000rpms they both go out and I can use the cruise control.

Cruise control doesn't work when the two orange lights are on.
Old 15-07-18

[QUOTE=rykiel575;587533]I'm getting just the two orange lights. No check engine light.

When I rev it past 2000rpms they both go out and I can use the cruise control.

Cruise control doesn't work when the two orange lights are on.[/QUOTE

I get the check engine light also when the E-clip comes off the throttle control valve.

Have seen other threads on here about cruise control not working maybe search those and see what you can find that might be related.

Thought if check engine light also it might have been the E-clip like in the below photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 Solenoid not connected to the Butterfly.jpg (192.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 3 Size of Circlip.jpg (184.3 KB, 17 views)
Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.
Old 15-07-18

Ah I did have that problem last year.
Was sorted from that thread.

Was a cheap fix too!
Old 16-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
There are a couple of solenoids slightly under the battery tray they go to.

Are you getting the check engine light with the traction control / stability control lights?

Assume we are talking diesel?
Hi guys,

I'm seeing this from time to time and have been meaning to have a look at these solenoids.
What job are they doing? What is the system they are part of?

Thanks.
Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 265/75R16 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive