Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 14-07-18

Default Torque Pro Trans temp Setup.

I'm looking for the set up instructions for trans temp on Torque Pro for the NX. I have searched but can't find it. Probably operator error. I thought I read that the setup is different for the NX. Now that I've got a van I really want to monitor temps. And, yes I will be fitting a Lock-up Mate from MM4x4.
Cheers, Mike.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!
Old 14-07-18
Valued Member

This discussion (below) on the forum has a lot of good information on various aspect of the setup....it's centred around the NW but worked for my 2011 NT. The equation section requiring a statement of f-50 to set the trans temp needed to be varied for my V6 NT but may be OK for an NX diesel. I use f-40, it means that both the trans and the coolant temperatures after standing overnight in the garage start at the same figure. With f-50, mine had a difference of (I think) about 10 degrees C.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...1&postcount=45

The 45 on the end of that URL takes you to the 45th post, with the equation.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.
Old 14-07-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz1 View Post
The equation section requiring a statement of f-50 to set the trans temp needed to be varied for my V6 NT but may be OK for an NX diesel. I use f-40, it means that both the trans and the coolant temperatures after standing overnight in the garage start at the same figure. With f-50, mine had a difference of (I think) about 10 degrees C.
The V6 has the Jatco box (shared with the NS Diesel), the NT onwards diesels have the Aisin box. The Aisin box uses a 50 degree offset, its seems the Jatco uses 40 degrees.

For Ultragauge users, the Jatco 40 degree offset requires FFD8, the Aisin 50 degree offset requires FFCE.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 14-07-18

I bought this program from Goole play works straight out of the box with my NX for transmission temp. This is *NOT* a standalone application and will *NOT* work without Torque Pro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eeo.miadvanced
Old 14-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky11 View Post
I bought this program from Goole play works straight out of the box with my NX for transmission temp. This is *NOT* a standalone application and will *NOT* work without Torque Pro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eeo.miadvanced
That looks the goods. I assume you still have the Torque Pro display not the display it shows in the link you put up?

Old 14-07-18

Yes from memory comes up in torque pro as an option or input, just click on and it and AT temp is there, saves a lot of headaches for 8 bucks, maybe I am not to smart but I could not get the AT temp to read correctly no matter what I did.
Old 15-07-18

Just downloaded it. Will have a look at it during the week.
Cheers, Mike.