• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dean
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007

Pro's and Con's Paj Sport

So I've had the NM for 18 years now and really like the look of the Sport.
    My travelling days taking the family have passed.
    It's just me and the wife now so the smaller car should suit.
    Like the NM the only mods I would do are a larger tank, suspension if the stock can't handle the larger tank, cargo barrier and a roof rack of some type....of course tyres once the originals are stuffed.
    What are they like ?
    Dean
    NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.
  • PA.
    • Feb 2018
    • South Australia

Contact tyre dealers prior to purchase as you may be able to trade the new tyres in on some new tyres.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

hearing really good reports ... not too many drama's for a new/old vehicle ... platform off the challenger PB/PC ... and very capable 4WD ...

most are favouring the GLS (as the exceed sensors can be a bit sensitive) and Mitsubishi says you can't fit a bullbar due to the location of the sensor (other after market companies have already re-positioned the sensors so no drama's fitting bar) ...

can pick up a demo for a good price now (just watch for hail damaged ones') ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• dean
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
        hearing really good reports ... not too many drama's for a new/old vehicle ... platform off the challenger PB/PC ... and very capable 4WD ...

most are favouring the GLS (as the exceed sensors can be a bit sensitive) and Mitsubishi says you can't fit a bullbar due to the location of the sensor (other after market companies have already re-positioned the sensors so no drama's fitting bar) ...

can pick up a demo for a good price now (just watch for hail damaged ones') ...

Yes looking at the specs the GLS would be my choice.
        NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• dragonjon
          • Feb 2018
          • sunshinecoast

i have original 2015 5 seat pajero sport gls love the thing (except fuel tank) just had old jacks recommended rear suspension upgrade $453 king springs and pedders bump stops
          and we have had a performance remap done
          i tow a 2 tonne caravan 8 speed gearbox really helps 2.4 motor do this easily
          clearview mirrors getting fitted next week and a 20ltr jerry can and im all ready for touring

Comment

• dean
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by dragonjon View Post
            i have original 2015 5 seat pajero sport gls love the thing (except fuel tank) just had old jacks recommended rear suspension upgrade $453 king springs and pedders bump stops
            i tow a 2 tonne caravan 8 speed gearbox really helps 2.4 motor do this easily
            clearview mirrors getting fitted next week and a 20ltr jerry can and im all ready for touring
            No towing so would only do suspension if it couldn't handle the larger tank.
            How many k's from the stock tank, city and highway...roughly ?

Comment

• dragonjon
              • Feb 2018
              • sunshinecoast

high 500 ks missus driving around town
              mid 700ks highway unloaded

Comment

• The Commodore
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2009
                • Macarthur Region NSW.

Originally posted by dean View Post
                No towing so would only do suspension if it couldn't handle the larger tank.
                How many k's from the stock tank, city and highway...roughly ?
                Dean, purely city driving I get better than 800 Km out of the long range tank and according to the instruments that's at 10 l/100km average. Sorry I have no figures with the original tank.
                Round town I only have 5 PSI in the rear air bags, the ride is quite good and have no intention in upgrading the suspension.
                I don't think you would have any concerns with standard suspension and big tank.
                Don't forget the tank is roughly midway between front and rear axles.

That is definitely "round town driving" only.

The reason for my long range tank is for towing a 21 foot caravan which the car does quite nicely.

BUT, if you are off roading I would do some serious thinking prior to installing the bigger tank as it looks like it hangs down like the proverbial dogs whatsies.
                This is not a problem to me but could be for some people.

All up I WOULDN"T go back to my NT, albeit a great car but I like the PS a heap better.
                Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• davidmc
                  • Jul 2017
                  • NSW

I have a 2016 PS GLS and I like it very much.. I have towed a small van around Australia with some light 4WD tracks such as the Bloomfield , El Quetro etc. I cannot understand all of this talk about suspension, tyres etc . The car is fine as supplied. A larger tank would be nice but imine had ample capacity for the big lap. Save you money and leave it alone would be my advice, its a good car.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
                    • Mar 2018
                    • Western Australia

I bought a 2017 GLX. Chose it because I did not need 7 seats. Also I found the cloth seats far more comfortable than the leather. I know the GLS and Exceed has dual aircon controls, but I had that in my last vehicle and never found the need to set different temperatures for driver and passenger. Also I think the GLS and Exceed have some extra speakers in the stereo system, but the GLX sound system sounds great to my old ears. All up I did not see value in the GLS over the GLX.
                    I agree with davidmc, the vehicle as supplied performs well.
                    As for the small fuel tank, I get about 600-700Km in highway running with a light load.
                    I believe ARB is developing a 40 Litre auxiliary tank which fits in the dead space above the spare wheel.
                    Will probably buy one when it gets to market, as I don't like carrying jerry cans.

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

who'd you go with for the tune ? ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• dean
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by davidmc View Post
                        I have a 2016 PS GLS and I like it very much.. I have towed a small van around Australia with some light 4WD tracks such as the Bloomfield , El Quetro etc. I cannot understand all of this talk about suspension, tyres etc . The car is fine as supplied. A larger tank would be nice but imine had ample capacity for the big lap. Save you money and leave it alone would be my advice, its a good car.
                        Can't disagree with that....my paj was stock for it's first years. Just the basics.

Comment

• dean
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007

high 500 ks missus driving around town
                          mid 700ks highway unloaded
                          Sounds good...probably won't need a bigger tank based on that.

Comment

• dean
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by JohnFromPerth View Post
                            I bought a 2017 GLX. Chose it because I did not need 7 seats. Also I found the cloth seats far more comfortable than the leather. I know the GLS and Exceed has dual aircon controls, but I had that in my last vehicle and never found the need to set different temperatures for driver and passenger. Also I think the GLS and Exceed have some extra speakers in the stereo system, but the GLX sound system sounds great to my old ears. All up I did not see value in the GLS over the GLX.
                            I agree with davidmc, the vehicle as supplied performs well.
                            As for the small fuel tank, I get about 600-700Km in highway running with a light load.
                            I believe ARB is developing a 40 Litre auxiliary tank which fits in the dead space above the spare wheel.
                            Will probably buy one when it gets to market, as I don't like carrying jerry cans.
                            Thanks mate

Comment

• dragonjon
                              • Feb 2018
                              • sunshinecoast

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                              who'd you go with for the tune ? ...

just autos nambour

Last edited by dragonjon; 13-07-18, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X