X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Precious Time

Pajero? It's a strong contender...hi all

Hello board members,

I am PT from around Adelaide, SA and I must say this forum is such a joy to read I had to join it! Very informative and with the right kind of positive spirit. So I had a read through "researching" the Pajero, thanks. Family of 4 with the mrs. and 2 young boys.

Anyway I own a Nissan X Trail T31 ST-L (CVT transmission). I did a bit of 4WD with rentals on holidays in the Kimberley-the Gibb River Road- and in New Zealand and lately some softcore stuff with the exy in SA (mostly sandy tracks). I'm not a rock climber type of guy but like dunes/beaches/dirt roads/forest tracks.

Now the X Trail is fine and all but I want to do some extensive towing in the future (starting 2011) and want to have a reliable, strong, outback vehicle.

The Prado was always my 'dream car' until a staff member from a 4WD course pointed me to the Pajero. But more of that later in another thread!
    Last edited by Guest; 09-09-09, 11:14 AM.
  • Fro
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Nundah, QLD

Welcome to the forum. This forum is full of information and if you can't find what you're after someone here will know.
    2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• geoffma
      • Nov 2008

Hi,

I have recently upgrade from an xtrail to a pajero. Had a 2002 ST Xtrail which developed the dreaded broken cat converter and particles suched into the cylinders. Of course nissan denied it, and a saga ensued.

From being a long term nissan buyer to never buying them again.

I picked up an NP Pajero at Auction late last year. Diesel. Quite a lot bigger and more truck like than the nippy xtrail.

Xtrails are quite capable off road, especially on sand because they are so light. You are just limited to what you can do with them to modify them to make them as strong as pajero/prado. In fact you'd be better off just moving to a pajero/prado than trying to make an xtrail more rugged.

The "Australian Xtrail" forum is one of the best car forums in Australia. www.australianxtrail.com

Pajero's and Prado's seem very similar IMO.

Comment

• Precious Time

Originally posted by geoffma View Post
        The "Australian Xtrail" forum is one of the best car forums in Australia. www.australianxtrail.com
        Thnx geoffma, I do believe there is a 'Precious Time' on that forum as well ;-)

Comment

• geoffma
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Precious Time View Post
          Thnx geoffma, I do believe there is a 'Precious Time' on that forum as well ;-)
          Good on ya.

Now, far be it from me to big note myself, but if you study the archives, you'll notice one "geoffm" who founded that site. Handed over the reins to jalalski a few years ago as he was the larger than life character who contibutes nearly 40% of all posts !

This forum is also good. Be nice if it expanded to include all states a bit more. Be good if all the individual pajero clubs could use this one common forum.

Comment

• Fro
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Nundah, QLD

It is open to everyone regardless of where you live and there are even people on here who don't own Pajero's (who are still welcome). Its a very friendly place and these are nice people, so be nice to them.
            2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Originally posted by geoffma View Post
              This forum is also good. Be nice if it expanded to include all states a bit more. Be good if all the individual pajero clubs could use this one common forum.
              All good Geoff, "but" we are the only ones paying the 1k a year to run the forum. Also might notice people flogging their wares here as well for free. Be good if buisinesses would get behind us and pay for advertising. Might just save the club a few dollars a year.
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X