• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimTams
    • Apr 2012
    • Melbourne

bit of a weekend bash

It's not much but had some fun this weekend. Didn't go too far from home as it's the paj's first outing since fixing a major radiator leak and replacing the front main seal. It ran flawlessly and my grin has only gotten wider... There was a couple of really steep hills, but the paj just ate them for breakfast

Will be out there over the next week, I have my cousin coming to stay and have a few days off work
    '95 LWB Pajero NJ 2.8TD Manual
  • v8countryluva
    • Apr 2011
    • Maitland NSW

Nice air! Where was the "not far from home"?
    I want to get out to the Training Grounds next Sunday for a couple of hours but would love to do a day in the Watto's in the next few weeks too!
    99 NL GLS 3.5 Auto, Dual Fuel, Alloy Bull Bar, IPF Spotties, H/D Tow Bar, Uniden UHF, Upgraded Stereo System, Tints, Alarm, Air Horns, Custom Rear Shelf/ Drawer System, Upgraded Dobinson/Bilstein Suspension, PolyAirbags, Diff Breathers. To follow Dual Batteries, Snorkle, Cooper ST Max, Fridge/freezer, Alloy Full Length Roof Rack, Awning, Extractors/ Exhaust System, Camping/ Work Lights, Winch, Fun Fun Fun Mud Mud Mud Sand Sand Sand Rocks River Crossings

Comment

• TimTams
      • Apr 2012
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by v8countryluva View Post
      Nice air! Where was the "not far from home"?
      I want to get out to the Training Grounds next Sunday for a couple of hours but would love to do a day in the Watto's in the next few weeks too!
      That'd be sick, should meet up if you're keen. Where's the training grounds?

The area I was in is south-west of this roundabout on google maps, it's a fire trail that leads to a full day's driving along powerline tracks. New housing developments are visible from the track so you can expect it to be closed/fenced off soon. I live just over in Wallsend

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Comment

• v8countryluva
        • Apr 2011
        • Maitland NSW

The training grounds are at Freemans Waterhole, they are also known as the Awaba Training Grounds or The Quarry. It's where all the training is done for the SES, Army and I believe Out Of Town 4wd do their training there too.
        You go past the servo's heading towards the F3 and either turn right at the dirt road about 500m past the servo and head up the hill and turn left at the power lines, follow that down the hill and up to the top of the next hill and they are just there on your right or you go along the main rd a bit more and when you go around a slight bend there is a track in the bush on the right with dirt mounds. This you follow through the bush and when you come out onto the powerlines it's in front of you.
        It has been chopped up a fair bit by a group that was there a couple of months ago. They were there for a week (I was told it was the army) so it's very rough and the water crossing was very rutted and hard to cross last time I was there at the start of October.
        The good thing is there is enough for someone like me that is still learning how to handle the truck in different types of terrain.
        There are also a heap of track surrounding it plus the tracks along the powerlines either side.
        I know that area you took the pics at. I pass it a few times per week and often wonder where it goes. These is a track on the other side of Minmi rd that goes up off just near the roundabout but it's proabably a bit above my capability, it's quite a step up and steep.
        There are a heap of other tracks off the link rd on the other side that go into the old quarry too and down into the Botanic Gardens area but I have not had the time to check them out.
        99 NL GLS 3.5 Auto, Dual Fuel, Alloy Bull Bar, IPF Spotties, H/D Tow Bar, Uniden UHF, Upgraded Stereo System, Tints, Alarm, Air Horns, Custom Rear Shelf/ Drawer System, Upgraded Dobinson/Bilstein Suspension, PolyAirbags, Diff Breathers. To follow Dual Batteries, Snorkle, Cooper ST Max, Fridge/freezer, Alloy Full Length Roof Rack, Awning, Extractors/ Exhaust System, Camping/ Work Lights, Winch, Fun Fun Fun Mud Mud Mud Sand Sand Sand Rocks River Crossings

Comment

• NAV
          • Jun 2011
          • Brisbane Northside

Good stuff. Always good to see a paj out and about being used properly.
          Please put your bash plates back on. It hate to see you get engine damage from a stray rock or stick after your hard work.
          "Life's best in low range"

Comment

• TimTams
            • Apr 2012
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by NAV View Post
            Good stuff. Always good to see a paj out and about being used properly.
            Please put your bash plates back on. It hate to see you get engine damage from a stray rock or stick after your hard work.
            I don't actually have any, will have to find some!

thanks for the info about the training grounds! I'll have to check them out, might head down today

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2012
              • Maitland, NSW

Should be able to make the front bash plates yourself for cheap, been contemplating making some myself

You look as happy as a pig in st in that photo haha
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• OGJON
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2009
                • Newcastle area NSW

Ah Cameron park power lines, I'm running a trip there on Sunday 25th of this month
                '95 NJ 3.5L auto - bocar alloy bullbar, spotties, Rampt Customs rock sliders, custom rear storage unit - soon to have 5" lift, rear bar by Rampt Customs, 16" rims with 33's, F&R diff locks, LED light bars & full caged roof rack, awning & HD towbar.
                '92 NJ GLS rally comp truck.
                '98 GU: 6" lift, regeared, 35" muddies, bar work & battle scars.

Comment

• NAV
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Brisbane Northside

Originally posted by TimTams View Post
                  I don't actually have any, will have to find some!
                  Should be able to find a Pajero at a wreckers with them still on. All the mount points still appear to be there so it will be a simple job.
                  "Life's best in low range"

Comment

• OGJON
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Newcastle area NSW

If you want some bash plates let me know otherwise it goes in the bin make me a reasonable offer.
                    '95 NJ 3.5L auto - bocar alloy bullbar, spotties, Rampt Customs rock sliders, custom rear storage unit - soon to have 5" lift, rear bar by Rampt Customs, 16" rims with 33's, F&R diff locks, LED light bars & full caged roof rack, awning & HD towbar.
                    '92 NJ GLS rally comp truck.
                    '98 GU: 6" lift, regeared, 35" muddies, bar work & battle scars.

Comment

• TimTams
                      • Apr 2012
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by OGJON View Post
                      If you want some bash plates let me know otherwise it goes in the bin make me a reasonable offer.
                      ah crap... i haven't even seen them before... are they bent/damaged at all? What would you want for them?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X