X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kippakoop
    • Jan 2010

power window stuck

i have a power window that was water damaged and the window is stuck half way down. is there anyway of getting it up until the parts come in to fix it?
    1995 nj pajero 3.0, lift kit,(lovell springs, ironman shocks.tb), bighorns, dual battery, custon roof rack, reversing camera. i need more things to strap to my paj........in time
  • Fro
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Nundah, QLD

Pull the door trim off and prop it up with a block of wood (or anything you can find).
    2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• kippakoop
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fro View Post
      Pull the door trim off and prop it up with a block of wood (or anything you can find).
      the window wont come up does the electic motor on the window need to be disengaged for the window to move?
      1995 nj pajero 3.0, lift kit,(lovell springs, ironman shocks.tb), bighorns, dual battery, custon roof rack, reversing camera. i need more things to strap to my paj........in time

Comment

• marcthelegend
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2008
        • Gosnells, WA

Just disengage the motor(you will have to anyway) and as said, prop it up and should be good.

Have you checked fuses and the buttons for the window, mythbusters put an electric window underwater for hours and it still worked, have you tested the motor with straight power from the battery?

Marc
        05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
        brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• REDNUT
          • Apr 2009

i just had one of mine go, i thought it was the motor playing up, then when i pulled the door card off i noticed a white plastic thingy ( technical term ) sitting in the bottom of the door,

from what i can tell its the part that holds the cables in place, i just disconected the cables, then pushed the window up to the top and put a small screw through the inner steel door skin that sits just agains the bottom of the metal that holds the glass,

probably not my best repair job but fits my budget at the moment

Comment

• Fro
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Nundah, QLD

About 6 months ago I broke the harness on one of the rear power windows on my car. It cost me $275 to have it replaced . If I knew it was going to cost that much I would have just left the block of wood in there until I had more money to spare.
            2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• 03gallagherj
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2009
              • South Coast NSW Batemans Bay

ahhhhh the problems you face with power windows, solution to this: manual windows
              Currently:
              1995 2.8 TD NJ Paj Running 33x11.5x15 Maxis Bighorns, Lokka, GQ Coils, torsions wound up, Tough Dogs All around, Steel Racks With Cage, Awning, Steel winch bar, 9,500lbs Winch, Safari Snorkel, 2x130w IPF's (1 spread, 1 spot), 150L Long range fuel tank, ASIN Hubs and Sliders
              Coming:
              Storage Drawers, 33" BFG KM2's

Comment

• chippy4x4
                • Apr 2009
                • adelaide

hey guys bive these guys a go
                ozeparts.com.au

Comment

• Terryo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

I got a new window actuator from Kingswood spares off ebay. Was $95 with postage
                  2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
                  NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
                  NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• kippakoop
                    • Jan 2010

an update

hey that ebay job sounds good.
                    i swapped switches from one of the other doors and it didnt work, so it must be the mech itself. any ideas what else? Is there a fuse in the door. because the doors in the drivers side work but not the passenger side??

Comment

• kippakoop
                      • Jan 2010

i think its the regulator, when the water went in it sounded like someone was frying bacon in the door,

looked on ebay the rear is so dear in comparasson to the front.

hey got one window that goes down but wont come up(from the main control) but from the witch on the accual door its fine. must be the main switch. having real trouble finding one to replace it. any ideas??

Comment

• Matatak
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • Perth

Originally posted by 03gallagherj View Post
                        ahhhhh the problems you face with power windows, solution to this: manual windows
                        Lol doesnt mean you cant have problems.

Regulators will still stuff up manual or electric driven.
                        05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Look at some of the Magnas etc in wreckers.
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• peter92
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • maryborough queensland

hi all ive got 4 electric motors and everything that i took off my nh they are all the same ,will sell the lot including door skins with everything on it switches etc just make me an offer .pm me if interested
                            regards peter
                            used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
                            now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
                            bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
                            SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X