• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

Memory Map NSW Topo maps

Currently I don't have any off road maps. I'm looking at Memory Map to run on an Android phone, and as I don't have any maps was about to purchase the NSW topo 25k maps, however would like to know before I take the plunge if those maps are searchable in Memory Map for places/placemarks?
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Yes you can. There's a search function which lists different types of entries like towns, roads and huts for example.

this is the screen shot from a search of Howqua Hut in the Vic 25K map
    Attached Files
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

great.

Thanks for that Ian

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

I haven't yet purchased. Are the 4wd hema map pack better than the nsw too 25k maps or vice versa?

Comment

• aaron.miller
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2011
          • Epping, NSW

The Hema maps are all much higher scale stuff, mostly 1:250k and higher, which is fine when your touring caper york or the simpson.
          If you were going to get the hema maps anyway, you might be better off getting the Hema 4wd app which comes with all the maps, the actual app is the same as the memory map one and you can purchase the 25k topo maps and add them to the hema 4wd app.
          2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• craka
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Newcastle (Newie)

Well looks like I may not be going Memory Map , just went to the site and got notice that Memory Map services suspended indefinitely due to contractual difficulties.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Turorit
              • Oct 2016
              • Adelaide

Well that's a bit rubbish! I only just bought memory map w Hema last week.
              I wonder if the maps will keep working or if I should attempt to get a refund.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
              2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
              --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

Yeah I hear you. I kind of had my mind set on getting memory map as my offroad software and maps but now I'm going to have to investigate other options I guess.

The interesting thing is if you go to the international site it looks fine ie http://memory-map.com/ but once you select region to AU/NZ it shows the notice of suspended services. So guessing the issues are only related to AU/NZ.

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

I've got OziExplorer with the Hema 150k set as well as Mem Map with 25k. For travel across from Vic to WA this year, and to FNQ last year, the Hema set was fine but for detailed tracks around Victoria, the 25k Mem Map was far better. The problem with them is the size of the files which take a lot longer to load and more space to store.

On a recent trip out through the back of Daylesford and up to Castlemaine, I used MM on the desk top to plot the tracks and MM on a tablet to give me the directions as we travelled. It was perfect in picking up almost all tracks whereas the 150 Hema set had tracks which weren't there and others which were missing so it just was viable to use as a plotter.

I much prefer Ozi over MM as an easier interface to use both on the desk top and tablet. So in summary, I use both.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• craka
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                    I've got OziExplorer with the Hema 150k set as well as Mem Map with 25k. For travel across from Vic to WA this year, and to FNQ last year, the Hema set was fine but for detailed tracks around Victoria, the 25k Mem Map was far better. The problem with them is the size of the files which take a lot longer to load and more space to store.

On a recent trip out through the back of Daylesford and up to Castlemaine, I used MM on the desk top to plot the tracks and MM on a tablet to give me the directions as we travelled. It was perfect in picking up almost all tracks whereas the 150 Hema set had tracks which weren't there and others which were missing so it just was viable to use as a plotter.

I much prefer Ozi over MM as an easier interface to use both on the desk top and tablet. So in summary, I use both.

I'm mostly after 25k map set as will only be doing localish stuff, as much as I'd like to do some touring I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

Well also took a gamble and thought I'd see if could still download and purchase the 25k NSW map set in the memory map app. You can but it doesn't want to activate on my phone. Looks like I'll be cancelling that paypal transaction.

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

Tne way it works for those 25k files is that it downloads the section you are looking at as required so not the whole map. But I'm now downloading the rest of my Vic east and west 25k maps and it's working OK. Once I've got the full copy I'll be able to transfer them to the tablet.

Comment

• craka
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Newcastle (Newie)

When you say only download what you are looking at. Do you mean on a PC or on phone/tablet?
                        My issue is that it doesn't want to activate after purchase.

Comment

• Turorit
                          • Oct 2016
                          • Adelaide

Try contacting support, see what they can do for you.

I just got this response:

2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                          --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• Ian H
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2015
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by craka View Post
                            When you say only download what you are looking at. Do you mean on a PC or on phone/tablet?
                            My issue is that it doesn't want to activate after purchase.
                            I'm downloading on the PC. It's time consuming and I just move the screen around as parts of the map download until I've got it all. I can them just drop that file in to the tablet. I haven't tried downloading to the tablet direct.

It would appear from the response that the seller here is gone and you've paid him for the map but they've withdrawn his activation rights. It looks like the maps themselves come from the main international site, which is why I can still access mine ?
                            Last edited by Ian H; 07-10-18, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• craka
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
                              Try contacting support, see what they can do for you.

I just got this response:

THanks mate, I got the same response on enquiry. Have sent a subsuquence support request after purchasing maps in the android app.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X