• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scouter1
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney NSW

Off road Range Rover

Seen today in Sydney - 3rd generation Range Rover with OL bullbar, lightbar & reasonably chunky tread A/T tyres. Don't think there are too many off-road modded versions of this marque running around in Oz...
    Attached Files
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099
  • kerway
    • Aug 2010
    • North West Sydney

Good to see it getting used for what it was built for
    NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• underdog
      • Jan 2015
      • Campbelltown, NSW.

We have a few cruising around newy. One in particular comes to mind as it was semi-famous. Featured in a 4wdAction article too iirc (not that that impresses me in any way). Think he upgraded to a newer Disco4 at one point and still makes a tonne of videos on his Youtube channel. Not my style of driving, just remembered him as he's a local up here.

This is part one of our latest offroad adventure tackling some of the more extreme tracks in the Watagan National Park in NSW. Join Black Betty the Rangie S...

Some more great mud duck action in the Watagans from Black Betty the Range Rover Sport.

Misadventure 4wd Club mixes it up in the mud in the Watagans. Rangie Sport, 100 Series Cruiser and a Mitsu Triton tackle some of the stickiest mud in the mou...
      2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
      Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

I've seen a few, I even contemplated them when I ended up with the Paj but the potential break down costs steered me away. They are pretty damn cheap for what they are but, they seem to get a few years old then the value just drops off a cliff.
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• kiwi1973
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • New Zealand

I expect the Range Rover and Discovery's are very nice to drive and I've no doubt they are very capable offroad. It's the reputation for reliability (or lack thereof) that made them not an option for me - and as I bought my Shogun in the UK there would have been plenty of reasonably priced Landrovers to pick from. Car reliability statistics that I would see in the UK treated Landrover and Rangerover as if separate brands, and both tended to be ranked together at the very bottom of reliability surveys. The two consistently reliable heavy 4wd brands were Toyota and Mitsubishi. In my opinion, when it comes to overland remote touring whilst strong capability is of course mandatory, proven reliability is actually even more important.
          2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2014
            • Wellington,New Zealand

i considered a discovery but as the other kiwi says the reputation (probabaly internet hyperbole to some extent) for unreliability swayed me against them.And the price you have to pay for them!.I considered Land rovers too but at 6 3 i could hardly fit in them.Very cramped because of the front seat on a box type arrangement and the price of them also put me off.
            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X