• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Mine is 12 months old now, now noticeable dash rattles and I've done quite a few corrugated roads. A low volume one rattle which was pissing me off took me a while to find....it's the cover plate on the gear lever.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• letsgoplaces
      • Jul 2014
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      A low volume one rattle which was pissing me off took me a while to find....it's the cover plate on the gear lever.
      This one bugs me no end as well

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

yeah, it's annoying, if you put your finger on it, it stops so it's not major.
        I haven't tried to remove the plate to apply a fix but a small bit of sticky tape over the bottom of it would probably be enough.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Fritterbug
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
          Mine is 12 months old now, now noticeable dash rattles and I've done quite a few corrugated roads. A low volume one rattle which was pissing me off took me a while to find....it's the cover plate on the gear lever.
          That rattled on mine as well. I pulled it off and discovered the rattle was the clear lense things for what gear position you are in.
          They are a loose fit with no felt padding.

I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it but it involved felt strips from ebay to line the contact areas.
          I also put some stick on sound deadening where I could under the whole panel to absorb vibration.

No more rattles from there now
          MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2013
            • Adelaide

Very nice mate! Didn't know you were thinking of an upgrade!

Great choice! And love the colour! Bet you are looking forward to putting some pin stripes on it!
            | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
            | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
            | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
            | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010
              • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
              Very nice mate! Didn't know you were thinking of an upgrade!

Great choice! And love the colour! Bet you are looking forward to putting some pin stripes on it!

Thanks Matt. Yep, looking forward to getting on the tracks. But Not until it's built up and protected. Not sure about the pin stripes though [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010

Big week

I will be a big week on the build up this week.
                Going in will be:

1. Full set bushskinz underbody
                2. bush skins side steps
                3. bullbar
                4. winch
                5. snorkle
                6. HID bulbs for high beam
                7. suspension and airbags
                8. LT tyres
                9. SPV mod

plus the 1500km service

Because I have 2 pajeros (for a short while), a snap decision to take the family across the Simpson (2 adults, 4 kids).
                I'll setup the old Paj as the support car, and the new one as the people carrier.

We were not able to do it with just one vehicle, but, hey, I have two for a short period, so why not!

Now I only have 2 weeks to finish the buildup enough to be ready to go!
                Before we head off will also be:
                10. UHF
                11. TC mod

Thankfully the old Paj already has the dual batteries, fridge drawers etc etc.
                Reckon that'll do it.
                Last edited by m_and_m; 18-06-16, 09:51 PM.
                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• ticky
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Adelaide

Hey Marshall,

I notice you have a TC lockup on your NP, & are planning on doing the same mod to your NX.

Next time we catch up, I would like to have a chat about that. Its a mod I have been considering myself at some stage.

Steve
                  2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

Sounds like a plan !

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                      Hey Marshall,

I notice you have a TC lockup on your NP, & are planning on doing the same mod to your NX.

Next time we catch up, I would like to have a chat about that. Its a mod I have been considering myself at some stage.

Steve
                      Sorry Steve - he's doing the Traction Control mod (keep TC on with rear diff lock) not Torque Converter lockup.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Jaster
                        • Apr 2008
                        • Wollongong, NSW

TC:

Traction Control
                        Transfer Case
                        Torque Converter

Any others? ...
                        Current: Cool Silver '11 NT RX Auto
                        Retired: Green '02 NM Exceed Manual

Comment

• m_and_m
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                          Hey Marshall,

Steve
                          In this case I mean the traction control mod, which 're-enables' traction control with the rear diff locked.

I'm not dong the torque converter lockup on the NX. Not risking it. I used it on the NP only when doing steep descent - worked very well. On the NX, it won't do anything when in 1st gear, so no point.
                          I would have a benefit for hwy driving, but with a new car under warranty, it's not worth it.

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010

End of a big (and expensive!) week.
                            Now done the bbar, winch, snorkle, tyres, spv mod, bushskinz underbody protection, side steps, and suspension.
                            All good except suspension

2" lift in the front which is fine
                            But, a bit of a problem with the rear coils. I ordered 200kg springs but Im getting a 4" lift with no load, and with the rated load of 200kg in the back - 3". Should be 2".
                            Drives really firm too. The packaging box and part numbers have been confirmed as correct, but i think i've got like 300-400kg springs provided.

OJ 'el rear spring expertardo - help!

I'll give it a couple of days to settle, but not hopeful.
                            I also put airbags I'm, but with this lift I will never gunna need 'em

No, the hoist is NOT lifting the car in this photo

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

And they said I built mine quick........Looking good. What suspension did you use?
                              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• dunney
                                • Jul 2014
                                • port hedland

for the dummy here- what is this TC mod? about to pull the trigger on a new NX myself

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X