• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiwiNTPajero
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2014
    • Wellington,New Zealand

Tail (rear) and reverse and indicator lamps..all wedge based

just a heads up for old school drivers here,Had ocassion to change the rear tail/stop lamp.i noticed it was out while checking my trailer lights,so without checking just stopped at the local garage and bough a 21/5 watt offset pin bulb.Got home and discovered all the rear lights are wedge based.So back the the garage to swap .For the record there are 4 "terminals" on the base of the brake/tail wedge in the form of four wire loops.You should have continuity between diagonally opposite loops.i had neither,the new one did,and hey presto let there be light and there was light.i got a spare too!
    2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
    BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
  • vladguan
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
    just a heads up for old school drivers here,Had ocassion to change the rear tail/stop lamp.i noticed it was out while checking my trailer lights,so without checking just stopped at the local garage and bough a 21/5 watt offset pin bulb.Got home and discovered all the rear lights are wedge based.So back the the garage to swap .For the record there are 4 "terminals" on the base of the brake/tail wedge in the form of four wire loops.You should have continuity between diagonally opposite loops.i had neither,the new one did,and hey presto let there be light and there was light.i got a spare too!
    LOL yep old school. Tail lights for modern cars have been the T20 wedge type for a while now.
    Please call me Vlad.
    -----------------------
    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2014
      • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
      LOL yep old school. Tail lights for modern cars have been the T20 wedge type for a while now.
      well the last two cars i have had were...1990 bmw 535 had it for years changed most of the bulbs over the years.Always replaced in pairs..
      2005 BMW 120d,had it for about 3 years 80 k never had to change a bulb,so ignorance is bliss!
      2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
      BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X