Welcome from Mitsubishi Motors Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorculture

Thanks for you the welcome and your feedback stevemc181! Lots of suggestions there. We'll pass them on to our product planning team for you. Why would you want to change the Pajero name? It's iconic!

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
    It will be good to see some factory input into the forum, hopefully some of the ideas and common problems that we see on here can be taken onboard by the designers in developing the vehicles further.

My first request is IP68 rated enclosures for critical electrical components and a dashboard that doesn't shake itself to death on severe corrugations.
    Maybe a hardened up version of the base model for those of us who like to put them to the test.
    Factory snorkel
    Front and Rear factory lockers.
    Higher GVM and load capacity (Only need a couple of hundred kilos to satisfy most of us)
    Move the spare wheel back to an offset position to allow opening of the door with a trailer hooked up.
    Factory TPMS with option for 6 wheel monitoring.
    A definitive load rating for front and rear recovery points.
    Factory long range fuel option ( 88 litres just doesn't cut it)
    Factory dual rear wheel carrier

Mitsubishi could build a seriously tough vehicle with relatively few mods, I am sure you guys could manage the above and maybe release them as limited edition outback ready models.

Can I also put in a request to consider a name change from Pajero?

PS: Did I mention a bigger engine?

Oh! And a big welcome to the forum!

Comment

• 4wd26
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

Originally posted by Faereag View Post
      Good to see company input at last. A positive step. Getting replies to questions put to MMAL in the past has been very difficult.

I will start with an issue that I experienced at a dealer yesterday.

I took the NT Paj in under the tensioner recall notice and asked for some of the variable parameters set out in the manual specific to my vehicle. I was informed by the dealer that the request could not be met because no such adjustments were available.

These are the variables available according to my specific car manual:

Page 1-20 Auto locking time adjustable (std 30s)
      Page 3-64 Buzzer as turn signal flashes - turn signal operable in accessory position
      Page 3-68 Deactivate speed sensitive function of wipers
      Page 3-70 Wipers don't operate when washer fluid is sprayed
      Page 3-71 Rear wiper interval adjustable - change intermittent operation to continuous - Wiper doesn't operate when washer fluid is sprayed
      Page 4-16 Ignition switch illumination period adjustable
      Page 5-69, 5-71 dimming period adjustable
      Page 5-74 Interior lamp auto cutout period adjustable or able to be turned off (std 30s)

Now, prima facie, that appears to be a misleading and deceptive practice under the Fair Trading Act 1987 (SA).

Can you clarify whether the manual is correct, or is the dealer correct?

Without prejudice.
      Dealer does not know (or not interested in finding out)

BUT yes all those parameters can be adjusted via the MUTIII
      ML triton with some accessories
      National E Trek Libary
      Getting Out There

Comment

• Tommie
        • Aug 2014
        • Urraween

Reduce the cost of servicing,would help greatly,,

Comment

• vladguan
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Adelaide

Welcome Motorcolture.

With the spare wheel, according to a dealer here in Adelaide, MMAL has requested numerous time to MM about the issue. MM was and still is not interested at all. Their reasoning: Most of the world, especially Japan do not drive a Pajero to tow big things that require the spare wheel to be lifted so it ain't going to happen until possibly the all new Pajero but we will have to wait and see.
          Please call me Vlad.
          -----------------------
          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Tone13
            • May 2014
            • Victoria

Welcome motorculture, it great to have you on the forums.

I look forward to the information being shared, flowing in both directions.

PS, don't forget about the Challenger. A 4x4 with massive potential often forgotten about by MM.
            2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, OzTec Outback Shocks with Kings Springs (+50mm), Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Comment

• motorculture

Originally posted by Faereag View Post
              Good to see company input at last. A positive step. Getting replies to questions put to MMAL in the past has been very difficult.

I will start with an issue that I experienced at a dealer yesterday.

I took the NT Paj in under the tensioner recall notice and asked for some of the variable parameters set out in the manual specific to my vehicle. I was informed by the dealer that the request could not be met because no such adjustments were available.

These are the variables available according to my specific car manual:

Page 1-20 Auto locking time adjustable (std 30s)
              Page 3-64 Buzzer as turn signal flashes - turn signal operable in accessory position
              Page 3-68 Deactivate speed sensitive function of wipers
              Page 3-70 Wipers don't operate when washer fluid is sprayed
              Page 3-71 Rear wiper interval adjustable - change intermittent operation to continuous - Wiper doesn't operate when washer fluid is sprayed
              Page 4-16 Ignition switch illumination period adjustable
              Page 5-69, 5-71 dimming period adjustable
              Page 5-74 Interior lamp auto cutout period adjustable or able to be turned off (std 30s)

Now, prima facie, that appears to be a misleading and deceptive practice under the Fair Trading Act 1987 (SA).

Can you clarify whether the manual is correct, or is the dealer correct?

Without prejudice.
              We're looking into this query for you.

Comment

• motorculture

Originally posted by Tone13 View Post
                Welcome motorculture, it great to have you on the forums.

I look forward to the information being shared, flowing in both directions.

PS, don't forget about the Challenger. A 4x4 with massive potential often forgotten about by MM.
                There will be news about Challenger coming out later this year. Stay tuned for that!

Comment

• Camo1966
                  • Jun 2017
                  • Durack NT

Why are car manufactures still making diesel engines with EGR's and having the crank case breather pipe running into the air intake as well? Short answer exhaust emissions. Yes, we all know that. We also know that they all have the same problem no matter how the intake manifold is changed. My NW has the apparent up dated intake manifold the bloke at the Mitsubishi spare parts counter was amazed that my intake manifold was almost blocked. So why do we have to pay to get our vehicles fixed when manufactures know quite well that it's going to fail?? Really, it's a Design Fault and no matter what any manufacture says all diesels with this EGR do it just have a look on this forum. It's funny how while still under warranty you can get your intake manifold done at no cost yet it's apparently a wearing part as that's what were told down the track? Tyres are a wearing part the EGR and what it does to your vehicle is a Design Fault to make your vehicle fail. Just look at Volkswagon even though they admitted on TV which was seen around the world that they lied about the emissions and how the vehicles were fitted with a defeat device, here in Australia Volkswagon in court are denying it. Hmmm. So, what am I saying it just goes to show how far a company will go to try and get away with whatever they want have a listen to John Cadogan he tells it quite straight about Australian Dealers don’t get me started on how much more we pay for our vehicles than in USA. My neighbour is the manager for Northern Territory Kenworth he said for them all the EGR met was a Big Money Spinner however now that they use Ad Blue a few things have changed. A lot less engine rebuilds, less issues with overheating and a hell of a lot less in revenue from failed EGR valves, sensors, blocked intake manifolds and stuffed intake valves. Why not use Ad-Blue? Ford is in the Everest. Why keep using something that you know is going to stuff up or is that the reason. Don't get me wrong I like my Pajero it's much better on fuel then the 100-series cruiser we had but it doesn't have the room nor the power the cruiser had but I don't tow a 24-foot caravan any more plus I don't have to pay for a six cylinder rego.

Needs a bigger battery I fitted a N70ZZ {the same size found in the Hi-lux} which was easy as makes a Big difference, also a transmission guard would be nice. Sadly, here in Darwin there is only one Mitsubishi dealer and they can do whatever they want and get away with it. I called Mitsubishi Australia about an issue and even though the dealer was at fault I still have not had an apology from them. So really what can you do? We’ve got a nice car but no after sales service. Would you take your vehicle back to a lying dealer to have work done on it, not a chance and would you tell others about your experience you bet you would! Like I say Dealers have a do whatever I want badge and we the consumer are conned. Before you make a comment about what I said with the EGR. Have a look on this and other sites about issues with the EGR they all tell the same story.
                  Last edited by Camo1966; 22-02-18, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Faereag
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by motorculture View Post
                    We're looking into this query for you.
                    Apparently MM are still looking over two and a half years now since last post - I suppose I cannot rush these things!
                    Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X