• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lenny05
    • Mar 2011
    • Brisbane (Albany Creek)

Teewah Beach

Just spent the last 4 days relaxing up at Teewah Beach.. Waited for the Christmas crowd to head back to work before heading for our Christmas break. Last week there were 2000 campers, this week a meagre 300. Gotta love an extended holiday period.

Well it all went fine except for the start. Got to the third cutting just on high tide and with the box trailer in tow headed for the beach. With no wet hard pack to head for, it was a matter of momentum and a little bit more momentum. Got 300 metres before the old girl dug in her heals and said no more!! YES the tyres were down to 20PSI front, 25 PSI rear and 20 PSI on the trailer..
    Had a young fella offer a hand with a snatch and he got a bit upset when he placed the strap around his towball and I suggested that his recovery point would be a better option. He told me he had done it this way a thousand times and had no trouble. After informing him of the dangers of a snatch recovery this way, he promptly changed to his recovery point and was unaware of the dangers.

Anyway, after getting snatched, all was good until the clutch decided that it was too hot to continue and we had to wait about 30 minutes for all to cool down before continuing. After that, there was no problems for the rest of the trip.

Had a great couple of days away from the ratrace and after the madding crowd had headed home...

Oh and by the way, there are no fish in the Pacific ocean!!!

Cheers Lenny
    Attached Files
    2001 NM 3.5ltr manual, 2"Lovells lift, D694 LT265/70/16, ECB alloy bar, Hella lights, Uniden UHF, Rhino track mount and basket, Cargo barrier, awning, Home made drawers.
  • Pajenaro
    • Oct 2007
    • Albany Creek

Originally posted by lenny05 View Post

Oh and by the way, there are no fish in the Pacific ocean!!!

Cheers Lenny
    Ahha - that's because we caught them all the week before you arrived

We had the same thoughts as you regarding the xmas crowds so we went up on New years day to carlo point caravan park. The unpowered camp area was only 1/4 full. We had a great spot.
    Pumped yabbies for bait on low tide and on high tide went down teewah beach near where the freshwater track comes out. caught heaps of dart.

I'm also in Albany Creek. Give a wave if you see the green NL 2.8TD!

cheers
    scott
    1998 NL GLX 2.8TD, Man

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

when you go to Teewah / Double Island / Rainbow Beach , pick your tides correctly and you can drive in hard sand all the way from start to finish [ rainbow ] i only use 4 x 4 drive for the cutting from double island to rainbow side.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• lenny05
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
        when you go to Teewah / Double Island / Rainbow Beach , pick your tides correctly and you can drive in hard sand all the way from start to finish [ rainbow ] i only use 4 x 4 drive for the cutting from double island to rainbow side.
        Have to agree there.. It was just poor timing on my part getting to the cutting on the high tide. When we left it was midway between tides and had no dramas. Just plenty of washouts to keep an eye on at the moment.
        2001 NM 3.5ltr manual, 2"Lovells lift, D694 LT265/70/16, ECB alloy bar, Hella lights, Uniden UHF, Rhino track mount and basket, Cargo barrier, awning, Home made drawers.

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

thats want really kills a nice beach drive up to double island , bloody washouts.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• lenny05
            • Mar 2011

Up near the freshwater entrance there were some young fellas in an old Subaru forester that didn't see a 2 foot high washout and launched off it at nearly 80KM/H. All four struts were bent, radiator pushed up into the motor and the boys were shaken but OK... After checking they were OK we kept going up to Leisha track. On our return trip to the campsite, If I didn't know it was there I would have probably hit it myself.. Just so hard to see and they are about every 2 km or so. Just kept the speed down to about 50 or 60 and all was sweet. I don't know why people have to drive flat out on the beach when all you are doing is risking an accident and a bad end to a camping trip...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X