• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QLD31
    • Mar 2013
    • imbil QLD

family friendly mods

Ive just picked up a 99 model thats pretty much stock as a rock other than the previous owners adding a inverter and a few other little camping/traveling mods. Suspension is stock and so is the motor, im looking at doing a few basic mods like a snorkel etc but as this will be my family car im not looking at big lift kits and 35s lol maybe 33s at most and a small lift as the missus will need to get our new born in and out. As for the suspension ill also be towing my race car 1-2 times a month. Engine wise im after a small increase in power but in saying that i dont want a overly loud exhaust.

Any tips or advice would be great

Cheers Rob
  • bmurray2250
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

Hi Rob

The best you can do on the tyres in Qld is 50mm bigger under the new VSB14 rules. You will find suspension upgrade does wonders over the standard one. I have EFS shocks and Ironman springs giving a 40mm lift in the front and 50mm at the rear. PA Challengers have no easy fitting snorkels from AirTec or Safari but Airflow makes one which is a fit yourself.

If this is a auto, a transmission cooler is a must for towing and new fluid does wonders. Adding a transmission lockup kit will help also.

Changing to an K&N filter and good spark plugs are the cheapest of the changes for the motor, then getting into extractor and large exhausts.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X