X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lewis84
    • May 2010
    • NSW

I wouldnt bother lifting the truck more than is required to fit the tyres you want to run under it. 33" WILL fit with a 2" suspension lift and IMHO a body lift is a waste of time (especially on 31") as said sliders are a better option for sill protection. Everytime I see these 3" suspension with 3" of body lifted trucks cruising around on 31's it makes me wonder why not spend it on a bigger tyre and put the clearance where it counts, the diffs!
    Cheers, chris
    94 NJ, MODS: Auto conversion, 1/4 chop, custom front and rear bar, 2" lift, 33x12.5" hankooks, rear sway bar removed, HID headlights, HID nite stalker 200's, rear LED work lights, red arc dual battery system, tekonsha primus brake controller, UHF, gps running ozi explorer and hema maps, suspension seats, power windows, DVD players, rhino racks holding shovel, high lift, awning, PVC rod holder and alloy basket

Comment

• Beer Baron
      • Jun 2011
      • Redbank Plains

Originally posted by oyamum View Post
      well i only can tell you whats needed for a swb gen1 you will need to count how many body mounts you have, swb has 8 so id say you will have 10 or 12 so buy the mounts (i used poly 50mm spacers) you will need also need to buy longer bolts and mite aswell also change the nuts and washers i know on the swb the 6 most forward mounts (3 on each side) use the same size bolts so pull 1 of those out and go buy some that are 50mm longer then theres 1 mount under each rear tail light (must remove tail laght to get it out) they are longer again so also pull 1 of these out and buy 2 that are 50mm longer.... thats all the parts you should need, on the swb i had to drop the radiator down 50mm as the bottom rad hose will come very close to the fan but thats just a matter of drilling a few holes... i also had to trim around the lower edge of the hole where transfer case lever comes through the floor which was a matter of pulling out the centre console moving the carper out the way and getting in there with a small grinder just make sure you over everything in the interior with some heavy clothes like old dooner covers or the like just to protect from sparks...
      What did you do with the brake lines ?
      86 NC SWB. Getting ready to tour The Cape.

Comment

• 87mmc
        • Jun 2011
        • Brisbane

Fit the bodylift you will need it when you decide to go bigger tires.
        My side steps got all bent without them.
        Im assuming the brake lines are the same between models.
        Only issues I had was lowering the radiator because the bottom hose fowled on the fan, also had to cut the centre console for the shifters.
        Brake lines didnt have a problem with them, there was enough stretch there.

Comment

• bakerboy
          "valued 3000+ member"
          • May 2008
          • Perth

Gonna have to disagree about the stock brake lines being fine, at least in the rear, I had mine extended 3 or 4"s

If you want to fit 33"s you will probably need a body lift, although it would depend on offset and tyre width. 33x12.5 would need a body lift but 33x10.5 should be ok without body lift

My 32x11.5x15 on -22mm rims just clear the front swaybar on full lock (I am running a gen2 steering box though which does give it a slightly better turning circle), and on full compression in the rear it still clears the arches

If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• oyamum
            • Aug 2010
            • Ballan, vic

yeh guys stock brakes lines worked fine on both mine and my mates gen1 swb that i done a bodylift on...

Comment

• bakerboy
              "valued 3000+ member"
              • May 2008
              • Perth

You will find the rear soft brake line on the lwb will not be long enough under full flex, hard lines are fine
              If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• gen1pajero
                • Jan 2012
                • N.Z.

Thanks, i will get some extended lines. for the BL are 50mm diameter blocks fine although the factory size is bigger? What have people out there used on the LWB? Cheers

Comment

• 87mmc
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Brisbane

i have 50mm poly blocks on mine, didnt touch brake lines front or rear, drum brakes must have shorter lines.

check out ebay for the lift

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X