• Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

The future of crowd control?

"Hover bikes" in Dubai.

MOVE over Robocop. Dubai police have added some seriously cool hoverbikes to their arsenal of crime-fighting tech toys - but the officers had better hope they don’t get caught up in any lengthy pursuits.

How would this go for dispsering a demonstration?

Would you hang around if that came towards you?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
  • Robin
    • Nov 2010
    • monbulk. vic

Pretty cool, but he has only 25 minutes then he has to recharge.
    Robin.
    Mods. After market cup holders. 4 After market weather shields from ebay that look and work great. No more messy hair NG 1989 V6 3Ltr. Super Wagon. Electric sun roof, cruise control, ashtrays and great seats and new motor.
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Comment

• MSF
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2009
      • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      Would you hang around if that came towards you?
      Sacrifice one protester to take out the blade on one rotor, then it's not flying anywhere - LOL

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by MSF View Post
        Sacrifice one protester to take out the blade on one rotor, then it's not flying anywhere - LOL
        It did occur to me that just about anything solid into one rotor would render it pretty much useless.

I've also concluded I don't want to attempt to pilot one. Knowing my luck, I'd fall off, and I suspect that would be bad.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• basil
          • Apr 2012
          • Gembrook

I want one.
          I can see the scratches down the side of cars as one would entertain lane splitting with that thing.

Cheers,

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by basil View Post
            I want one.
            I can see the scratches down the side of cars as one would entertain lane splitting with that thing.

Cheers,
            Lane splitting? It can reach 4m - go over.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X