• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Px2
    • Feb 2019
    • Auckland/NZ

Drawers for 4th gen

If anyone would seek some inspirations, those are the ones which I've made.
    No welding. Aluminium based.

All pics here:
  • Pushbike
    • Jun 2017
    • Sydney

Drawers

Hi,
    I use an open source(free) application called Fotoxx to reduce the size of pics. for posting e.g from 1Mb down to 200Kb. Resolution will barely suffer. Otherwise reduce the camera's resolution before taking Pics.

Also I am reluctant to access third party sites as they are data gatherers and run scripts that may not be to my advantage. Hence I a have a browser add on which prevents these scripts from running.
    Your linked site was not flagged as hostile by my browser, although I did not enter it.

Regarding your drawers, you may need to seal(paint) the plywood as my experience is that it will sweat, i.e. absorb moisture then sweat under hot conditions. This sweat will condense on colder (metal) surfaces.
    Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
    Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

• Px2
      • Feb 2019
      • Auckland/NZ

Originally posted by Pushbike View Post
      Hi,
      I use an open source(free) application called Fotoxx to reduce the size of pics. for posting e.g from 1Mb down to 200Kb. Resolution will barely suffer. Otherwise reduce the camera's resolution before taking Pics.
      I can't paste image into post. Only option available is to paste image url. That means I'd need to create another image - smaller version of this one and share same way, too lazy for that.

Also I am reluctant to access third party sites as they are data gatherers and run scripts that may not be to my advantage. Hence I a have a browser add on which prevents these scripts from running.
      Your linked site was not flagged as hostile by my browser, although I did not enter it.
      Good practice - not much people is conscious enough to do think about it. However google or amazon has to come famous somehow. What I do is limited trust and allow for script from the domain I site enter. It won't gather any sensitive data, what gathers data are mostly 3rd party scripts embedded into site. As extension to your practice I can recommend add-on called uMatrix. Does the job with by default blocking all ad spammer and data gatherers - have a look. It's available for chrome as well as for firefox.
      Lastly )) cph4.noip.pl is my own cloud. Not a 3rd party service and I'm using it for all my storage needs and sharing. This is because... I'm aware of data gathering and I shun as much as i can from using 3rd party services (free means you pay in your privacy).
      This one is on my server, with my disk in location I know and done as I want. It also uses "corporate level" SSL for encryption. Being "IT guy" I'd call it secure but.. you never know. It also allows me for mentioned lazyness. Got it on cloud, hit "share", paste URL.
      Regarding your drawers, you may need to seal(paint) the plywood as my experience is that it will sweat, i.e. absorb moisture then sweat under hot conditions. This sweat will condense on colder (metal) surfaces.
      That's valuable comment! I will do that somewhere in a time, just wanted to mount it in and give it a few weeks of testing as I expect some more development like side shelves and USB/lighter outlets mount.

Cheers mate and all the best!
      Last edited by Px2; 27-09-19, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Pushbike
        • Jun 2017
        • Sydney

Drawers

Hi again,
        On clicking on your link I get a blank screen and a tag at the top that says server connection lost.

You may like to have a look at this post, (go to the beginning)-
        Another Rear Storage Unit The following design is for a MY17 NX GLX. After I recently purchased my first 4WD I was fortunate to discover this forum. I have used the various postings to guide me in the design and construction although I think there is enough difference to warrant this posting. I thank all those who have gone

All the best.
        Last edited by Pushbike; 27-09-19, 10:00 AM. Reason: Clarification
        Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.

Comment

• Px2
          • Feb 2019
          • Auckland/NZ

Hi again,
          On clicking on your link I get a blank screen and a tag at the top that says server connection lost.

You may like to have a look at this post, (go to the beginning)-
          Another Rear Storage Unit The following design is for a MY17 NX GLX. After I recently purchased my first 4WD I was fortunate to discover this forum. I have used the various postings to guide me in the design and construction although I think there is enough difference to warrant this posting. I thank all those who have gone

All the best.
          That cover is a nice thing! I'm leaving this part open as I use this well to store my fresh water bladder and house battery. I've added 3 more pics to show that.
          Odd you can't access page, maybe something is limiting it on your side? I've just checked from outside and with friends (yes, they use it too ) and all works fine.

BTW. you're welcome to make yourself account there if you want. Go to the main page - https://cph4.noip.pl/owncloud and get through registration. But... you'd need to swallow aspect that it's on the server which I have access to

cheers
          Last edited by Px2; 27-09-19, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Pushbike
            • Jun 2017
            • Sydney

Hi,
            I had to allow a script to run and it gave access.

Very neat job, the Al tube system is very easy to use.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X