• Show
Clear All
  • Marty V
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Cranbourne, Vic

Bull Bars v's Nudge Bars

Hi all from sunny WA...

Just recently bought a '96 GLS 3.5lt with a alloy bull bar. The bride likes the car but hates the "truck like" bar on the front and is keen for me to rip it off and put a standard bumper and a nudge bar on for the spotties...

If there is anyone in Perth with a similar car who wants to swap our bull bar for there bumper and nudge bar (my lower half is silver, though i know thats a big ask and will paint if needed) I would like to hear from you...

Cheers,

0438 699 118
    Last edited by Marty V; 17-04-08, 02:07 PM.
  • actpaj
    • Jul 2007
    • Canberra

while your at it, you may as well get some pink fluffy dice and seat covers. stand up to her and fight for the bullbar to stay, buy her some flowers and a week of foot rubs should do it

Comment

• Marty V
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Cranbourne, Vic

Thanks for the valuable advice...I'll just say one word...sorry two words "Pregnant Rampage". As long as I'm seen to be making an effort then i'm in the good books...

I hope she changes her mind but its easier just to go along with what she wants for the next few months...and I've already put my foot down on the pink seat covers...

Comment

• twc
        • Sep 2007
        • Tewantin Qld

replacement bumber

You m8ight like to check out ebay there has been spare bumber bars etc for your pajero from people who have put bullbars on.

Comment

• Marty V
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • Cranbourne, Vic

Thanks TWC My wife should have thought of that...she loves ebay...Cheers

Comment

• Mad Mac
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2007
            • Australia

Prehaps you could settle for a smart bar.

They are plastic, instead of being alloy or steel, and therefore dont tend to look as truck like, but still stronger than the original bumper.

I much rather the look of the smart bar, because it looks more factory, rather than a big chunk of metal stuck on the front.

Shane

Comment

• ziggy
              • Feb 2008

I have a chrome bumper and the small nudge bar from a gen 1 import - I think it would fit, but Im in Brissy

Comment

• Marty V
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Cranbourne, Vic

Thanks Ziggy but the transit costs aloan would probably be too high...Appreciate the feedback though... I could probably try an import wrecker...

Comment

• pagerow
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Mitcham Victoria Australia

Marty V ... I love your sense of humour.

The nudge bar would of course not give the same protection across the width of the front as a nudge bar nor could you mount as many things.

BTW, did you hear about the man who had been married for 75years? Reporters asked him what was the key to a long and happy marriage. His answer was that it only took two little words. "YES DEAR"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X