• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nasho69
    • Dec 2011
    • Melbourne

NW Bullbar availability

Hey all, new member, so impressed with the wealth of information on the forum I bought the NW Platinum DID after sadly waving off an R50 Pathfinder to the wreckers after 13 years & 300,000k's...*sob*

Anyhow, having some issues sourcing a bullbar to fit the NW. ARB were lined up to install a sahara bar, only to find after they did a couple that the mounts & sheet metal surrounds had changed enough to make it an ill-fit. They now recommend against fitting an NT bar & have to R&D a new bar, which could be months.

Has anyone had any luck yet fitting existing NT bars to the NW...or has any manufacturer come up with one to fit the NW? I am also looking at Ironman's steel protector bar, OL's steel Post-type Premium bar or TJM's T13 Steel Outback Winch Compatible Bull Bar - 070SB13N52U.

My main requirements are some frontal protection, mount spotties, UHF, HF aerials & improving ground clearance. (hence the upcut sahara shape)

Thanks, I appreciate any assistance!
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Originally posted by Nasho69 View Post
    Hey all, new member, so impressed with the wealth of information on the forum I bought the NW Platinum DID after sadly waving off an R50 Pathfinder to the wreckers after 13 years & 300,000k's...*sob*

Anyhow, having some issues sourcing a bullbar to fit the NW. ARB were lined up to install a sahara bar, only to find after they did a couple that the mounts & sheet metal surrounds had changed enough to make it an ill-fit. They now recommend against fitting an NT bar & have to R&D a new bar, which could be months.

Has anyone had any luck yet fitting existing NT bars to the NW...or has any manufacturer come up with one to fit the NW? I am also looking at Ironman's steel protector bar, OL's steel Post-type Premium bar or TJM's T13 Steel Outback Winch Compatible Bull Bar - 070SB13N52U.

My main requirements are some frontal protection, mount spotties, UHF, HF aerials & improving ground clearance. (hence the upcut sahara shape)

Thats interesting. I would have thought the NT bar would have bolted straight up. Now I have some research to do
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• amr75wcr
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • Sunny Coast

Problem is it has the wrong badge one the grille for the aftermarket suppliers to decide to tool up for a bar
      Wayne
      04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• wongapaj
        • Oct 2011
        • Wonga Park

I followed up ARB head office last week about my NT with HID. They said "the redesign for the NW and HID Pajeros is on the to do list but BT50s and others have a higher priority as they sell 10 to 1 compared to Pajeros" Anyway they assured me they will have one by May/June. I'm not so confident.
        Garry
        NT 30th Anniversary, 3.2 Diesel, Manual, Black, Tinted Windows, HID Lo & Hi, MM Towbar, Prodigy P3, Stebel Horn, MMCS Override, Scangauge II, Dual Battery, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ORU12 Winch, IPF HID Driving lights, UHF, Diff Breathers, D697s, Airtec Snorkel. HD Suspension, Bushskinz

Comment

• Nasho69
          • Dec 2011
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by wongapaj View Post
          I followed up ARB head office last week about my NT with HID. They said "the redesign for the NW and HID Pajeros is on the to do list but BT50s and others have a higher priority as they sell 10 to 1 compared to Pajeros" Anyway they assured me they will have one by May/June.
          I just got off the phone with ARB, now quoting Mid May for the sahara or deluxe bars to suit NW Platinum (no HID)...time to see what "date to market" the other manufacturers have...

Comment

• Morville
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2008
            • Buxton Vic

This is interesting, and looking forward to finding out what the problem is. We were about to order an ARB Sahara bar for our new NW Platinum. hopefully they now know about it. Our second choice is a Smartbar, they may have the same problems, I will find out from them next week.
            Peter

Comment

• Macster
              • Nov 2011
              • Melbourne

Let us know what you discover on the Smart Bar Peter.

Comment

• gorby
                • May 2011
                • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                Thats interesting. I would have thought the NT bar would have bolted straight up. Now I have some research to do
                Dave
                Me too. I was under than impression too. I have a sneaky feeling the TJM one might fit. They've just released some stuff for the NS-NW.
                Andy
                Back in a Mitsi
                2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
                Gone but not forgotten
                http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19115

Comment

• Trish
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by Macster View Post
                  Let us know what you discover on the Smart Bar Peter.
                  Yes, me too, very interested in what you can find out regarding the smart bar. I was not going to fit a bar until later this year anyhow but was aiming at the Smartbar and not aware of any issues.

When we bought the car I actally asked two of the dealers about aftermarket gear and if there had been any changes to the NW so NT things would not fit. They both denied and said would not be a problem, but I guess that's just another 'dodgy car salesman line' to get the signature .
                  2011 MY12 NW Pajero GLX DiD Auto - graphit grey.
                  Bridgestone D694 275/65/17LT, full set of Bushskinz, Smartbar, T-Max 9000lb winch, Airtec Snorkel... more to come....soon (still have a very long wishlist)

Comment

• Quietguy
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Forster, NSW

Originally posted by Nasho69 View Post

I note you haven't mentioned the MMC bars. I have just had a MM alloy bar fitted to my NW for protection, antenna, and lights. It looks great and fits like glove. Love it. Just over 2k fitted

David

Comment

• ABS
                      • Sep 2011
                      • Melbourne

Nasho69,

I just got a T13 TJM bar fitted a few weeks ago on my NW and am pretty happy with it. Let me know if you need any further details.

Cheers,

ABS.

Comment

• eveyoz
                        • Jul 2009
                        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by ABS View Post
                        Nasho69,

I just got a T13 TJM bar fitted a few weeks ago on my NW and am pretty happy with it. Let me know if you need any further details.

Cheers,

ABS.
                        Can I ask how much it cost? Did you get it painted?

I'm looking at getting a new pajero and I'm not sure whether to get the bar at purchase or later down the track.

Comment

• cyclopsoz
                          • Jan 2011
                          • Albury NSW

Now isn't that strange? The local ARB dealer insisted there was no such thing as an NW Pajero let alone a bar for one when I asked for a bull bar price, but rang me back with a price several hours later. Claimed he had found out from Head Office that there was an NW regardless of me the customer dumb cluck parking one under his nose. Now it seems that ARB don't have a bar after all.

TJM have told me their new bar (which IMO looks pretty good) will fit an NW so thats what I will deal for at this weekends 4WD show in Albury. Purchase of winch and bar at the show gets special price and bonus goodies so I'm told.

Off topic; have fitted Bushskinz bash plates and they are really an impressive product.

pete

Comment

• eveyoz
                            • Jul 2009
                            • Gold Coast

I spoke to TJM who told me they only do one bar for the new paj at present. They were pretty insistent that I go through them and not a dealer but wouldn't give me a price over the phone only in person and I had to put my money down at that time.

Retail was 1570 fitted plus winch and frame. They quoted 500 to change the color!

Talk about a hard sell, I won't be using that branch of TJM.

Any pics of the TJM bar?

Comment

• Pickle
                              Administrator
                              • Jun 2007
                              • All over Oz

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                              Dave
                              I am chasing this up but jury still out at the moment!
                              Dave
                              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X