• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

NW Released in Australia

The 2012 NW Pajero is revealed today in Australia.

'The 2010 Model year NW Pajero commenced production in August and will bring minor styling and specification changes as well a strealined model line up suited to market demand.
    The diesel engine model lineup remains unchanged V6 Petrol GLS, and VRX has been deleted leaving Exceed to offer the only petrol model in the Pajero range"
    "New Specifications on all Models"
    New Design Front Bumper
    New Design radiator grill (GLS, VRX and Exceed Only)
    New Design 18" Allow wheels (models with 18" Alloy wheels)
    Revised interior door pull handle garnish
    Revised Cloth trim cut pattern
    Power Window Switch surround-silver (were black)
    Driver power window auto up/down with safety system
    Instrument cluster, instrument panel and HVAC lighting scheme changed from blue to red.

Other changes by modelGL no change
    GLX -sunvisor extensions
    Vanity mirrors with lamp and lid
    Chrome inner door handles
    Electrochromatic mirror with rear view monitor
    Reverse Camera.

VRX and Exceed get Diff Lock standard.
    * Black Mica has been replaced with Pitch Black.
    * Option Packs
    Diff Lock
    17' Alloy wheels
    Navigation Pack
    Sunroof (Exceed only)
    Check with your dealer for correct option packs for models.

Press Release:

OCTOBER 24TH 2011

Stylish new look for 2012 Pajero line-up

Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited (MMAL) has announced increased safety and luxury appointments to the legendary Pajero range as part of the model year 2012 updates. With reversing cameras now available on most variants and a number of exterior and interior changes, the 2012 Pajero family boasts functionality, safety and style.

Outside, Mitsubishi’s popular Pajero receives an updated look for model year 2012 with the addition of a stylish new front bumper and radiator grille to all variants along with new design 18-inch alloys on the VRX and Exceed models to complement the sleek fresh-look Pajero front.

In addition to the stylish exterior update across the range, Pajero models GLX, GLS and VRX now come standard with an electro-chromatic rear-view mirror which features a reversing monitor. This safety feature was added due to the increasing popularity of SUV vehicles, giving Pajero drivers greater visibility when reversing. The camera view appears automatically in the mirror when the reverse gear is engaged. The Exceed model continues to offer the Mitsubishi Multi Communication System which features a reversing camera, as standard.

Comfort and convenience within the cabin is optimised across the entire Pajero range with new trim material, the inclusion of driver power window auto up/down with safety system and a change to red dash-lights illumination.
    MMAL’s president and CEO, Genichiro Nishina, said the new-look Pajero range offers outstanding four-wheel drive capabilities with extra comfort and style.

“The 2012 Pajero range has a model to suit any lifestyle, offering customers functionality, safety and power in an attractive package,” said Nishina.

The 2012 Pajero range is available with a powerful, fuel-efficient 3.2-litre Common Rail turbo diesel engine with the option of a 3.8-litre MIVEC petrol engine in the Exceed model. The Common Rail turbo diesel delivers a massive 147kW of power and 441Nm of torque while providing a smooth and fuel-efficient ride. The MIVEC petrol engine option provides up to 184kW of power while delivering minimal fuel consumption and improved driveability.

With such impressive power and torque, the Pajero’s huge three tonne towing capacity means everything from a boat or caravan to a trailer can be towed with confidence. With flexible seating for up to seven people, the Pajero is the ultimate family car and because the third row of seats can be completely removed or folded and stored under the rear floor, there’s even more room to fit everything in.

The Pajero range offers outstanding occupant and driver safety utilising the latest Mitsubishi safety technology. Standard safety equipment includes Mitsubishi’s RISE body protection along with front driver and passenger, side and curtain SRS airbags.

All Pajeros are equipped with MATT (Mitsubishi All Terrain Technology) which delivers superior off-road control and outstanding on-road safety and handling. MATT incorporates a number of systems including Active Stability and Traction Control, ABS braking system with EBD and Super Select 4WD II. Super Select 4WD II lets the driver alternate between 2WD and 4WD modes at speeds of up to 100 kilometres per hour on any surface, making the switch from on-road fuel efficiency to off-road traction simple.

Available colour choices across the 2012 Pajero range include Cool Silver, Graphite, Champagne, Ironbark Warm White, White and the new pearlescent Pitch Black.

The Pajero Platinum is covered by Mitsubishi’s 10 year / 160,000 km non-transferrable drive-train warranty, five year / 130,000 km new vehicle warranty, free five year/130,000km Roadside Assist and Capped Price Servicing for the first four years or 60,000 km of ownership.

The Pajero GL, GLX, GLS, VRX and Exceed are available now at over 200 Mitsubishi dealerships Australia-wide.

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • 4ePikanini
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • South Africa, East London

baaaaaa. When are they going to release that V6 diesel?
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD
    2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD
    2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Originally posted by 4ePikanini View Post
      baaaaaa. When are they going to release that V6 diesel?
      Sorry, maybe next time around.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Gus
        Administrator
        • Mar 2008
        • Traralgon. Vic

Guys I'll be cleaning this thread soon..

I here you Silver Streak & understand.... this post has been moved to Web site feed back...

To All :

But this thread is about the new release & that's what we'd like discussed, fine to say what you think, Like, Dislike but lets keep on subject..

Gus.
        VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
        NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Silver Streak
          Valued Member
          • May 2010
          • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by Gus View Post

I here you Silver Streak & understand.... this post has been moved to Web site feed back...

To All :

But this thread is about the new release & that's what we'd like discussed, fine to say what you think, Like, Dislike but lets keep on subject..

Gus.
          Ok guys, I understand....."keep to subject!!"

Alright, now I can post my picture now? of what I believe is the NW, that I saw down our local wharfe a few weeks back and held off posting.
          Only a little pic!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	597944A2889FBB3C7F52C2D527C01630.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	959779
          Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
          Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Dion
            Valued Member
            • May 2010
            • Brisbane

Don't like that front end much ... I think the NTs is better?
            2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Jondalar
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2011
              • Brisbane

Talk about cosmetic changes, can't see why a new model designation is required for the NW, seriously why not NT 2012 Model year?

Cheers,
              Karl
              Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

• Nater
                • Aug 2011
                • Sunshine Coast

I don't really get the reason for releasing a new model with such meagre changes like this...I laughed at the Hilux upgrade but this is just as odd.
                2011 NT RX2, BLack Widow draws & cargo barrier, ARB fridge & slide, HD 2" lift, Bushskinz, Redarc BCDC, dual batteries, solar, Airtec snorkel, GME Tx3540, Smart bar, diff breathers, D697 LT's, Rhino roof basket, Traxrax, Boab 40lt water tank

Comment

• ozscott
                  • Apr 2009

As good a package as the Pajero is when viewed in isolation, it has now been left behind. I still think the base model is quite good value but the VRX is now too costly and the Exceed is a bit of a bad joke. What you can get for the cost of an Exceed would make the Exceed blush. Come on Mitsu the platform is old and not competitive now, price it accordingly or lose sales badly. I like the Mitsu product, but I would not buy it now if buying new - only because it used to represent excellent value for money, but no longer so in the upper models on the current market.

Cheers
                  02 Land Rover Discovery Series II V8 Manual
                  95 " " " " I Auto

Comment

• achjimmy
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by ozscott View Post
                    As good a package as the Pajero is when viewed in isolation, it has now been left behind. I still think the base model is quite good value but the VRX is now too costly and the Exceed is a bit of a bad joke. What you can get for the cost of an Exceed would make the Exceed blush. Come on Mitsu the platform is old and not competitive now, price it accordingly or lose sales badly. I like the Mitsu product, but I would not buy it now if buying new - only because it used to represent excellent value for money, but no longer so in the upper models on the current market.

Cheers
                    Give us some some examples ozscott? Seeing there is an endless train of Ltd edition models selling at $60k I would think MMA have been selling bugger all exceeds anyway. Last figures I saw (6mths ago on here somewhere) was that Paj had doubled it's sales results. I certainly don't think the Prado or pathfinder equal it and I would not buy a jeep.
                    Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                    MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                    99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• ozscott
                      • Apr 2009

I am not having a shot at the product, just the pricing.

The new Jeep is hopefully better reliability wise than there former offerings - it should be given the base its built on. Its engine and refinement and overall package is well ahead and pricing is incredible.

I agree about the Prado.

The D4 is an amazing vehicle and very well priced compared to the Pajero Exceed. Its reliabilty is proving to be very good since its release at towards the end of 2009. It is much bigger and wins a head to head at every level. 5 year full factory warranties are cheap on them.

Again, dont get me wrong, I like the Pajero having had a new NT Exceed for a week - diesel and a V6 Petrol base model manual for a few days and been in them and driven them on other occasions, but they are just plain old and left behind now. If I had bought a new NT I would still be wrapped in it...but buying new NOW the NW is just falling off the edge of the table and for me its too pricey for what it is. Others will disagree and this is of course a Pajero site so I dont expect many supporters, but I posted what I thought.

Cheers
                      95 " " " " I Auto

Comment

• achjimmy
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by ozscott View Post
                        I am not having a shot at the product, just the pricing.

The new Jeep is hopefully better reliability wise than there former offerings - it should be given the base its built on. Its engine and refinement and overall package is well ahead and pricing is incredible.

I agree about the Prado.

The D4 is an amazing vehicle and very well priced compared to the Pajero Exceed. Its reliabilty is proving to be very good since its release at towards the end of 2009. It is much bigger and wins a head to head at every level. 5 year full factory warranties are cheap on them.

Again, dont get me wrong, I like the Pajero having had a new NT Exceed for a week - diesel and a V6 Petrol base model manual for a few days and been in them and driven them on other occasions, but they are just plain old and left behind now. If I had bought a new NT I would still be wrapped in it...but buying new NOW the NW is just falling off the edge of the table and for me its too pricey for what it is. Others will disagree and this is of course a Pajero site so I dont expect many supporters, but I posted what I thought.

Cheers
                        yep Jeeps got a long way to go before i would consider one same with LR and i dont see the exceed as good value either not when you compare what a platuimn at $60k offers you. I choose not to pay $10-15k for Leather adjustable heated seats and HIDs. So my prediction is the opposite to yours the NW will continue to sell well and unless Toyota do something about Prado pricing it will continue to steal sales of them.

There are plenty on here myself included that are critical of the Pajero for many reasons, but you made the call its "uncompetitive and will lose sales" I disgree
                        Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                        MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                        99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Dion
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2010
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by achjimmy View Post
                          yep Jeeps got a long way to go before i would consider one same with LR and i dont see the exceed as good value either not when you compare what a platuimn at $60k offers you.
                          It's an interesting situation. If MM didn't have the Platnium editions selling for mid-high $50k but instead was dearer I don't think they would have been as successful.

It's nothing new in the car world ... as a model/body gets near the end of its life, you load it up with extras. The NW is proof of that.

It is up to buyers to decide what is of importance to them.
                          2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• ozscott
                            • Apr 2009

I didnt have the platinum in mind - fair enough for high 50's thats pretty good. My comments remain for the upper spec Pajero's.

Cheers
                            95 " " " " I Auto

Comment

• CeeJay
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2008
                              • Samford, QLD

I reckon the real value is at the poverty-pack end. A bottom-spec Pajero is still great value I reckon - you can spec up sliders, sat nav, HIDs, reversing cam etc etc onto a GL or GLX for loads less than list price of a VRX or Exceed - that's what I did anyway. A base-model Pajero is still great value compared to a LR or Prado. Different story for Jeep now though, so will be really interesting to see how the new Cherokee goes.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X