• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Bark Hak
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Camden NSW

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
    A few pics of my NW with Black ARB Deluxe bar. I chose the black rather than the colour coded purely on personal taste.

Hay what's that at the end of your Runva? And give us a close up on how you run your wiring for your light bar I wanna do the light bars all round the roof
    Next on the Shopping List, well I'm pretty well set up but possibly Harrop front diff lock

So Far Black Widow Draws, Millford Cargo Barrier, Thule Luggage Carrier, Tow kit, Tints, Weather shields, ARB front bar, ARB 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension, Redark 40amp LV dual battery set up STT PRO tyres 275x65x18 Domintor Winch 12000ibs Cree 9 inch LED BushSkinz full protection kit including rear bar protector and side steps TJM snorkel Kings awning

MDC V4 Rear Fold Crusader Camper

Comment

• Scouter1
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2013
      • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Iron Bark Hak View Post
      Hay what's that at the end of your Runva?
      One of these http://factor55.com/product/flatlink/ Looks like a better idea for synthetic ropes.

Cheers,
      Stephen
      2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Camden NSW

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
        One of these http://factor55.com/product/flatlink/ Looks like a better idea for synthetic ropes.

Cheers,
        Stephen
        Wow interesting but maybe a pain when your waste deep in mud trying to locate your mates recovery point but ill buy as it looks good
        Next on the Shopping List, well I'm pretty well set up but possibly Harrop front diff lock

So Far Black Widow Draws, Millford Cargo Barrier, Thule Luggage Carrier, Tow kit, Tints, Weather shields, ARB front bar, ARB 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension, Redark 40amp LV dual battery set up STT PRO tyres 275x65x18 Domintor Winch 12000ibs Cree 9 inch LED BushSkinz full protection kit including rear bar protector and side steps TJM snorkel Kings awning

Comment

• treads
          • Sep 2013
          • Snowy Mountains

About an hour ago I impact tested my ARB Deluxe bar - Fallow spikey at 70kph

Bent number plate, Lightforce XGT slightly out of alignment & one very dead deer; but no damage to the rig or bar.

Well worth the $$$
          2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

The above post is my own personal view and not that of my employer.

Comment

• Troy711
            Valued Member
            • May 2013
            • Canberra

It's a shame insurance companies won't give you a discount for having a bar fitted. You're essentially adding further protection to their investment!

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Camden NSW

Oh dear, sorry had to say it

There was a discussion not long ago about steel or alloy I think this should answer that

Comment

• treads
                • Sep 2013
                • Snowy Mountains

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
                It's a shame insurance companies won't give you a discount for having a bar fitted. You're essentially adding further protection to their investment!
                Exactly my thoughts. That one strike would have done thousands of dollars worth of damage. It would have hit the bonnet, grill, left headlight, bumper & left fog light + whatever else if it had come up the bonnet. Instead it was punted harmlessly off the bar toward the side of the road.

I had a really good look last night and couldn't find any change in the bars' fit with the panels.

That's the second big strike my XGT's have survived. Can't say that for the Narva spotties I've destroyed in the past.
                2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

Comment

• Dazza.
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • Northern Territory

Originally posted by treads View Post
                  That's the second big strike my XGT's have survived. Can't say that for the Narva spotties I've destroyed in the past.
                  I concur. I've knocked over a few of kangaroo's at reasonably high speed (one actually bent the steel bullbar) of which my XGT's also took part of the impacts. Short of being re-adjusted and minor cracks in the mounts they are fine. Haven't had to touch them.
                  COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• treads
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Snowy Mountains

Mine didn't have a mark on them, even after this:

Comment

• dbdb
                      • Aug 2008
                      • Adelaide Hills

Im going to put in an order for a bar in the next week or so, probably ARB, but I like the OL one too. For a colour coded bar, fitted with foglights there is really nothing in it, in fact ARB are cheaper than OL, and TJM were just taking the piss (in sunny Adelaide). I've been told that ironman are about to release one, so may look at it too.

Question: about to order a light bar, will a 20inch bar mount up to the spot light mounts?
                      14 NW GLX-R automatic, dual battery, Icom 440 UHF, redarc tow pro, Bushskinz bash plates, light bar, Dobinsons suspension, HPD front mount intercooler, ARB bull bar and other stuff.
                      04 NP GLX now gone

Pajero Service Manual link

Comment

• P4J3R0
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dion View Post
                        Gee if you guys are fighting over colour coding you'll love my colour coded Sahara bar

I copied him !

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Jeelan
                          • May 2008
                          • Perth, WA

Originally posted by guccihazell View Post
                          I had my Sahara bar fitted in Perth back in December 2012 on my NW Platinum Edition.

Bar was purchased from ARB Wangara and fitted by my panel beater after an unfortunately incident with a tree falling on my car in a car park.

It took ages to get, because ARB made to order from Thailand (if I had a Toyota they'd have it in stock....go figure).

Anyway, from what I understand bolted straight on with no mods. I'm not quiet sure why ARB won't supply for the NW. Clearly, it fits!!

Interesting though, when I was trying to get the headlight washers for the bar later, ARB Osborne Park told me this bar shouldn't fit and was "illegal" because it was for the wrong model vehicle. Bizarre, because another ARB store was quiet happy to sell & supply, knowing full well it was going on a 2012 NW Pajero.
                          Hey mate

I called ARB Wangara today about the Sahara bar and was told it wasn't approved for the NW models.

Asked if I could purchase only ARB advised they were happy to facilitate with a caveat - that bar is only recommended for the NT model.

Pretty sure it'd have some serious implications on insurances by fitting it onto a NW model - its a risk i'm not willing to take.

cheers
                          Jeelan

2014 NW Pajero - 3.2DiD Auto, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and Lovell Springs, Factory Diff Lock, 18" rims on Hankook Dynapro RF10's, Rhino Platform Rack, Opposite Lock Triple Loop Bullbar

Comment

• signo1985
                            • Sep 2017
                            • Perth

Hi there, planning on installing a bar to my 2013 glxr, either OL or TJM. Most likley it will be OL post bar (prefer the look).

I have ruled out the arb bar due to price and some issues with fatigue cracking on the front cross-member that a couple of forum members have experienced (not many, but enough to put me off).

This discussion is a few years old so, how would you guys review/rate the OL bars??

Also, can somebody take a photo of how the OL bar attaches to the body and how is it bolted to the cross-member? (ideally post type bar as this is the one I'm keen on)

I have attached 2 pics of a TJM bar and one of those ARB deluxe bar that shows the cracks
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by signo1985; 05-11-20, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2019
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by signo1985 View Post
                              Hi there, planning on installing a bar to my 2013 glxr, either OL or TJM. Most likley it will be OL post bar (prefer the look).

I have ruled out the arb bar due to price and some issues with fatigue cracking on the front cross-member that a couple of forum members have experienced (not many, but enough to put me off).

This discussion is a few years old so, how would you guys review/rate the OL bars??

Also, can somebody take a photo of how the OL bar attaches to the body and how is it bolted to the cross-member? (ideally post type bar as this is the one I'm keen on)

I have attached 2 pics of a TJM bar and one of those ARB deluxe bar that shows the cracks

I'm glad you brought this up, your a legend for those photo's of different mountings between TJM & ARB thanks

As from what i can work out TJM bar with 63mm pipe looks good to me. Wish i could find more in real life

I haven't even looked at ARB bars & agree enough to put me off as there are other choices.

Embrace the spirit of exploration, premium engineered vehicle accessories to suit Ford Ranger, Everest, Landcruiser Series, Hilux, BT50, Navara, Patrol & more
                              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• signo1985
                                • Sep 2017
                                • Perth

So I went to the 4wd show in Perth this morning and talked to a guy at the OL stand.
                                Jeez prices were steep. [emoji24]
                                I was hoping for some "show discounts" but they only offered a pair of OL branded spotlight which can always be handy...but I have a stedi light bar so don't really need them...
                                Prices were 2200 for the bar plus 400 for colour coding and 550 for fitting. The wife wasn't happy lol. Haven't decided yet Ive got two weeks but I think I'm going to bite the bullet
                                Need to decide whether to leave the bar black or have it coloured white to match the Paj. I much prefer it white but it sure comes at a price.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by signo1985; 06-11-20, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X